Topic: The Wanderer - part 1

Click here to check out the first installment of 'The Wanderer' which is a lego stop-motion animation film I have just uploaded onto my youtube channel. It features the ultimate weapons pack (and also some zombies). It is filmed at 15 frames per second...I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to subscribe if you like it! Leave some constructional criticism if you want, too. mini/bigsmile

Re: The Wanderer - part 1

this is pretty cliched (the Road by Cormac McCarthy I recommend) but just about interesting enough to want to see what happens in the second part. Filming dialogue might help not to shoot from above.

I like the Earth scene, but the animation and lighting wasn't that great, but keep working, you are sure to become quite good.

wow that was cool. I liked it... your way better at storytelling than I am. Just work on light flickers and smoothness : ]

I really did not enjoy this film.Because of the camara angles

Project Secret

LamplightStudios wrote:

I like the Earth scene, but the animation and lighting wasn't that great, but keep working, you are sure to become quite good.

I have been using monkeyjam which doesn't have onion skinning which is part of the problem. I myself am not that happy with it either but I plan to make better brickfilms when I get the hang of animator dv (is there a tutorial anywhere?). Thanks for the advice!

pizzaboy wrote:

I really did not enjoy this film.Because of the camara angles

Could you expand on this and tell me why?

Animation was  a bit choppy but the sound and special effects were good.
Tell me, what program did you use for special effects and how did you do the fog?
Thanks.

D.J.M.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

D.J.M. wrote:

Tell me, what program did you use for special effects and how did you do the fog?D.J.M.

I used wax.e for overlays and chroma-keying, I got the effects from detonationfilms.com and the fog had a black background which i took out by sceening it.

Part 2 has now also been released! click here to see the even more action packed, fastmoving video!