Topic: LEGO Geico Commercial

Made in July of last year, this was intended as a parody of the Geico commercials in which a celebrity appears with a Geico customer.  It is linked below, and enjoy. mini/smile

*Note: View this in high quality, as the quality was already kind of bad due to the LEGO cam, but became a bit worse after uploading it to YouTube.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UtlRm3HSIvg

Credits
Written and Directed by: DarthVincentPrice
Starring: RyanCampStudios and Pop3y3
Filmed With: Logitech LEGO Cam
Filmed at: LEGO Studios, Georgia
A Fields Production
Released by Fieldsfilm Limited

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

Re: LEGO Geico Commercial

Not bad at all.

mcoov_studios wrote:

Not bad at all.

Seriously? Atleast give him some feedback!

But back to the animation...

I loved the comedy, the voices were great. Like you said, the quality wasnt really good. The animation was decent, but had a tiny bit of light flicker, and a bit choppy at some points. You also have to move the arms more when you make them walk. But, I'm sure, because this was made in July, you've gotten much better.

Hope I helped, MOL mini/bigsmile

Persist.

Hah. Nice. Made me laugh, pretty good animation, too.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

Can you put it on VIMEO? My flash isn't working...

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Surely, justkidden.  Give me about an hour or so, as I'm working on homework.
And thank you all for your evaluations, guys.  I shall note of the advice and tips writ above. mini/smile
I'm certainly glad you all liked it. mini/bigsmile

-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

I'm not sure I'm appreciating the last joke in the film.  Is Harrison Ford ticked because it's the 15th time he's been upstaged by Darth Vader?  Is there more to it than that?  Maybe it would work for me if I could place where you got that H Ford line from.  [Sorry if I'm dense.]

Mixing of the audio from various sources wasn't too bad.  Harrison's footsteps walking out were way too loud, sounded like he was stomping through a foot of snow, not walking across a living room floor. 

Why does the customer get up from the couch at the beginning only to immediately return?  I'm not sure those first few quick camera angle changes add anything positive, I just found them jarring and unnecessary. 

The motorcycle speeding away at the end was a nice touch.

Great movie, the sounds could be better though I like the sounds and voices you did, but I mean it could have better sound quality, it all seemed a bit fuzzy, a few sounds were also a bit too loud. The characters moved quite smoothly which is something I always enjoy. The lighting could of also been a bit better. Overall though it was a great film. Very creative!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

mini/mrgreen Green Lego Man mini/mrgreen

Ancient Bricks:  Yes, Harrison Ford is ticked because it's the 15th time Vader has come in and upstaged him.  That's basically it.  lol  I wrote that line myself to add a bit of humor to the scene.

-In regards to the footsteps, I was still trying to put them in there without making them too soft to hear.  I shall work on that when next I make a LEGO short.

-Lastly, the customer gets up from the table so that he can be sure that his cat, which has taken a wrong step and fallen off of the table, is unharmed. Having an overhead shot of Harrison is to simulate his quick wait for the customer to return, and the shot of the cat scurrying across the floor shows that it is perfectly unharmed.

Thanks, AncientBricks. mini/smile

Green Lego Man:  Thank you.

-In future films, I'll pay more attention to the sounds and fix the volumes and clearness of them accordingly.

-In terms of voices, I must pay special thanks to my voice actors.  Without them, this commercial could not have been possible.

-Shooting at a high framerate (31 fps) and animating that smoothly-- gotta love it! mini/bigsmile

-I lit the set in that way to eliminate the often obvious gain that comes with my LEGO Cam, but it doesn't do much to set the proper lighting for the shot.  I'll look into it on future LEGO shorts.

-Again, thank you for your evaluation. mini/smile

JustKidden, I do apologize.  I'll be honest and tell you that I totally forgot to upload it to VIMEO.  Whenever I get it uploaded, I'll send you a PM.