Topic: My Father is a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Directory Link

My Father is a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

YouTube

Disclaimer: This film is not autobiographical.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Re: My Father is a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I have to say, this film has both a funny side and a serious side.

It's funny in how absurd the idea of having a T-Rex as your dad is, yet it's taken so seriously in the film.

However, even if it was unintentional, I find it brings up a serious point. It shows how hard it can be for a family which has a disabled or 'special' family member. How their slightly worse off from the rest, how it's harder to get employed, and how everyone would keep judging or questioning them. It also shows the effects of this on the lives of those living in that family. It may not have been intended Smeagol, but I think this film plays up that point very well.

Great film Smeagol. Animation was great, lighting good, and the story was great. mini/smile

Last edited by D.J.M. (December 20, 2011 (08:43pm))

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

I was cracking up the entire time.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

NICE!

Good to see that you've done another brickfilm, and it's as great as ever.
I was afraid that those llamas had killed any hope of more brickfilms from you. (Other than THAC and other special events.) But you sure could do a lot of sequels to this with the new Lego Dino theme. mini/wink

D.J.M., everything is a metaphor, good job.

Good movie, Smeagol. It was.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Wow, This film is a technical masterpiece.  The story is told in a very depressing way, but like DJM said, I think it does an excellent job of portraying the feelings that would be present in a "similar" real-life situation.  Props to you for doing another film so soon after THAC.  I'm still recovering myself.  Anyways, Great film!  Glad to see you're back at it!

That was *sniff* amazing.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

It was incredible.
6/5.

-CDP

That was a beautiful film.

Wow, that was probably one the best brickfilm I have seen in a long time. I agree with DJM, I would also add that what looks cool doesn't necessarily makes life better. Well, that if you're looking for someting meaningful, intended or not by the creator. But if I watch it without searching for anything, I see an original movie with a wonderful story, and a Tyrannosaurus Rex that isn't depicted as "BAD". Very realistic, if you don't consider the fact that the son is a human, that dinosaurs don't exist anymore (and if they would they surely wouldn't live in a city) and that kind of stuff.
This is what I would call an "instant classic". Definitely goes with my favourites. 5/5

I just thought his dad was a Tyrannosaurus Rex, but your way is much better.

MPfist0 wrote:

that dinosaurs don't exist anymore (and if they would they surely wouldn't live in a city)

Sure they would live in a city! It's called a "zoo."

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Littlebrick wrote:
MPfist0 wrote:

that dinosaurs don't exist anymore (and if they would they surely wouldn't live in a city)

Sure they would live in a city! It's called a "zoo."

And you call that LIFE?!?!? mini/sad

mini/lol

Awesome!

I enjoyed this very much. mini/smile

The camera, lighting and wallpaper were especially good. This is also one of the fewer films I like enough to post on Facebook.

It's also really nice to see you making something. I really am usually annoyed by the infrequency of your films. mini/tongue

Amazing storyline and music. I believe you should compose the music for your films more, Smeagol. It would enlighten things up a bit. mini/yes

Over 9,000/10

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

omarnol wrote:

I believe you should compose the music for your films more, Smeagol. It would enlighten things up a bit. mini/yes

I always compose the music for my films.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Noice! I must say even though it's tone is somewhat comical, it felt touching to me.

Spoiler (click to read)

Yes, I cried.

Other than that, I liked every aspect of it, although there was some minor light flicker at the beginning but all in all a good film.

Back In Black!