Topic: [Preview] Trailer: The Story of Sergeant York

The trailer of The Story of Sergeant York. Coming soon.
YouTube
MPG

-Thijs

Re: [Preview] Trailer: The Story of Sergeant York

Looks awesome mini/bigsmile

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

...Wasn't it a film before mini/confused? or you are just remaking that film and i'm an ignorant mini/madhead...good work, man mini/bigsmile...

MPfist0 wrote:

...Wasn't it a film mini/confused? or you are just remaking that film and i'm an ignorant mini/madhead...good work, man mini/bigsmile...

Well, there's made a film about it in 1941, but I'm not remaking it, I never saw it. I based my film on the information of Wikipedia.

...I never saw it too... mini/lol

Last edited by MPfist0 (February 25, 2009 (02:54pm))

Great preview; looking forward to the final release.

What's the song in the background?

Cancerkitty wrote:

Great preview; looking forward to the final release.

What's the song in the background?

Requiem for a Dream Remix.

It looks promising. The main negative point is I just can't stand this music. Last year, at my school's open doors day , there was a video made by a student looping all day long, playing this music, again and again, and the melody is yet quite repetitive, and everyone uses it as often as possible. My poor ears are just violently hurt now. Please, don't use this as soundtrack. Or I wont be able to watch your film with the sound on. Please. There are millions of less known soundtracks really better than this one.

apart from this, the story seems nice, animation is rather good, as are visual effects. Maybe you could use backgrounds with clouds, not just blue paper ?

http://imgs.imagup.com/member5/1242510318_banniere_clicclac.png

Two little complaints.

The first is the muzzle flashes, which do not look very realistic at all. The second is, as timfee mentioned, the overused music.

The overall feel of it is pretty good though. You might try grading your footage in post-production to get a more dramatic feel.

- Leo

timfee wrote:

It looks promising. The main negative point is I just can't stand this music. Last year, at my school's open doors day , there was a video made by a student looping all day long, playing this music, again and again, and the melody is yet quite repetitive, and everyone uses it as often as possible. My poor ears are just violently hurt now. Please, don't use this as soundtrack. Or I wont be able to watch your film with the sound on. Please. There are millions of less known soundtracks really better than this one.

I agree, I looked for other music, but just couldn't find anything else that would fit in well.

timfee wrote:

apart from this, the story seems nice, animation is rather good, as are visual effects. Maybe you could use backgrounds with clouds, not just blue paper ?

As I've done all the animation already, I'll keep that in mind for my next film.

Leonardo812 wrote:

The first is the muzzle flashes, which do not look very realistic at all.

How could I make them look more realistic?

-Thijs

looks awesome mini/bigsmile Gunshots looked kinda weird though.
Maybe for the trailer other music. Every trailer on YT has Requiem for a dream in it.
You could use Lacrimosa, that's a good one for trailer but also used alot though.

Looks promising...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein