Re: The Animation Challenge

I'll be judging tomorrow sometime.
There's still a good ten hours to submit an entry.

Thanks for the entry Gand Animations.

My Entry

Took me about 2 minutes to whip this up.  Meh Entry.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

This has been one of the coolest Animation Challenges. So many entries! mini/bigsmile And I even can up with something decent for it which took only half a day.

I like Spider's best, though. mini/smile

animationIsaac wrote:

I'll be judging tomorrow sometime.
There's still a good ten hours to submit an entry.

Thanks for the entry Gand Animations.

My name is : G and A Animations mini/smile

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7083/7346199582_0d42b907d8_m.jpghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8167/7160990441_9435fa9fcb_m.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/kKlqu.jpg

Good job spider! I really enjoyed yours. By chance, what framerate do you animate at?

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

GandAanimations wrote:

My name is : G and A Animations mini/smile

if u typed G + A animations to sign ur posts people might start 2 c that.

I'll be putting out the results soon.
Ok..G + A animations,

Last edited by animationIsaac (March 15, 2012 (05:22am))

!!]RESULTS!!]

Thank-you for entering everyone! There's been sooooo many entries mini/bigsmile
Here are the lucky people who got in the top three.]

The WINNER is ]A Repelling Spider!
This entry was great...how did you manage to animate four minutes in three days?
It looks like you put a lot of effort in to it.

In second place we have] Crazyed!
The animation in this was amazing! I love the the last one where the minifig's head turns in to a brick! mini/lol

And in third place we have] Mighty Wanderer!
Really liked this. The animation was nice, everything looked good. mini/smile

There are lots of other really good entries I would like to mention which didn't get to the top three but once again,
Thank-you everyone for entering! You next Repelling Spider. mini/yes ]

Great job guys!

I have a really cool idea for the next one, it would be very hard to do, but how about trying to animate blindfolded? mini/sunnies
(The only problem is that would have no way of enforcing it, but it just sounded really cool.)

And here's a list of other ideas that I posted a while back:
Water sking, Driving a boat, Flying a plane, Flying through the air, Bouncing on a Pogo stick, A Car chase, Hovering in place, Animating a minifigure animating, Animating your hand interacting with the figures, Impailing someone, (Like with a spear or sword) Playing Basketball or Football, (Not Soccer) Becoming a Giant or Shrinking, (Super Marios Bros. style) or A Natural disaster? (Typhoon, Tital Wave, Ect.)

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (March 15, 2012 (07:57am))

congratulations Repelling Spider! i can't wait to see what you are going to do!

Your entry was most certainly the most creative.  Congratulations!  It was well deserved!  mini/bigsmile

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Just watched your entry Spider. I'm speechless. That was absolutely fantastic with such a nice storyline.
Totally deserved to win this challenge. Congrats and give us a next one. mini/smile

Congratz Spider! mini/wink

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

Yea Spider!!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Great job guys!

I have a really cool idea for the next one, it would be very hard to do, but how about trying to animate blindfolded? mini/sunnies
(The only problem is that would have no way of enforcing it, but it just sounded really cool.)

And here's a list of other ideas that I posted a while back:
Water sking, Driving a boat, Flying a plane, Flying through the air, Bouncing on a Pogo stick, A Car chase, Hovering in place, Animating a minifigure animating, Animating your hand interacting with the figures, Impailing someone, (Like with a spear or sword) Playing Basketball or Football, (Not Soccer) Becoming a Giant or Shrinking, (Super Marios Bros. style) or A Natural disaster? (Typhoon, Tital Wave, Ect.)

Animating blindfolded wouldn't help because you couldn't touch the capture button and you'd knock things over. Impailing might be cool!

Congratulations, Spider! Now give us an awesome theme! What about stealing someones head?

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Do impaling!

I'm pretty sure I could do it blind folded.

That would be awesome if we had some bloke making sure we didn't cheat. Hahaha xD

My suggestions:

Knocking Something Down Simple, destructive.

Meteor Impact Anything falling from the sky, basically. A rock, a Bionicle canister, Aliens...

Magma/Lava Volcanic eruption, molten river, guy dying in a pit of it, et cetera.

Melting "My beautiful wickedness!"

Thanks everyone! mini/bigsmile I just now got to see everyone's comments and the results. This was an amazing animation challenge! Best one in awhile. I need to go through and answer some people's questions real fast and then I'll try to post a new theme. mini/smile Keep the ideas coming!

Oh and to Eddie: I use around 24fps mostly, but there are some parts where I use less than that occasionally.