Topic: The Evil Within

Briks and I are collaborating to make a movie that might be called "The Darkness Within". It is a Horror/Drama about a ballet dancer who is beautiful and is a very good dancer, in fact top performer. But she's not all perfect. The evil inside her lurks around, constantly haunting her and drives her insane. While practicing, her Evil attacks her, kills her and takes over her body. Her evil takes vengeance and starts to kill off dancers. No one knows who`s doing this. Will anyone find out it's her? You'll have to watch to find out.
This is a concept poster I made in 5 minutes. Its not an official poster but this is the idea for posters:
http://i41.tinypic.com/2hfi71e.jpg

Re: The Evil Within

I like the idea, but the text on the frame is WAY too small. But it sounds cool anyway! mini/wink

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

I like the idea, but the text on the frame is WAY too small. But it sounds cool anyway! mini/wink

This is a concept poster I made in 5 minutes. Its not an official poster but this is the idea for posters And thanks! mini/smile

Oh, okay. Anyway, good luck!

By the way this is not a Black Swan ripoff because I've never seen Black Swan.

Aww yeah, great to see the thread up.
If you want to, I can make a poster for this movie with photoshop.
Just send me an image of the ballet dancer, both versions. mini/smile

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

Briks wrote:

Aww yeah, great to see the thread up.
If you want to, I can make a poster for this movie with photoshop.
Just send me an image of the ballet dancer, both versions. mini/smile

ok!

This is the same plot as Black Swan. I'm not saying you intentionally copied it, it's just it's practically the same exact thing. In Black Swan, Natalie Portman plays Nina - a dancer who basically goes nuts from multiple underlying causes such as her crazy mother and a new member of the studio who Nina perceives to be as a threat and SPOILER kills her (not really, but in her dreamworld she does, but in reality she killed herself because as her dance instructor said the only thing standing in her way is herself.)

Anyways, your plot is pretty much the same thing, psycho dancer, top role in a production, goes nuts.

Just change it up a bit, don't take it too hard. Just try and think of something that hasn't been done before, and Black Swan wasn't all too original either, it's pretty much a more perverted interpretation of The Red Shoes.

Last edited by KinzCove (April 13, 2012 (05:13pm))

Weird, cause none of us have seen black swan.
I have barely even heard of it. mini/confused

YouTube channel
N00bToob ebovv

It was nominated for 5 Academy Awards and won one for Natalie Portman in the Best Actress category. It was considered among one of the greatest movies of 2010 by the American Film Institute and contains a lezzy romance scene between Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs There's the trailer.

KinzCove wrote:

This is the same plot as Black Swan. I'm not saying you intentionally copied it, it's just it's practically the same exact thing. In Black Swan, Natalie Portman plays Nina - a dancer who basically goes nuts from multiple underlying causes such as her crazy mother and a new member of the studio who Nina perceives to be as a threat and SPOILER kills her (not really, but in her dreamworld she does, but in reality she killed herself because as her dance instructor said the only thing standing in her way is herself.)

Anyways, your plot is pretty much the same thing, psycho dancer, top role in a production, goes nuts.

Just change it up a bit, don't take it too hard. Just try and think of something that hasn't been done before, and Black Swan wasn't all too original either, it's pretty much a more perverted interpretation of The Red Shoes.

Our story is not that she has a mental disorder, the evil is a real being. But only is seen to her, and she's just a really good dancer not top role. And the evil kills her and possess her body to kill dancers. And there will be a scene where the evil keeps appearing around her and telling her she knows that she's not who everyone thinks she is, and she knows that she's a bad person, and that when she goes psycho because she is so scared of this being! And she kills her by appearing in her reflection and kills her and possesses her. And we never got our inspiration from Black Swan.
We Got It From This

I'm not saying you got it from Black Swan, but that isn't the point, the basic plots are very similar, yes there are SOME details that are different, but they're still practically the same. And in the film, Mila Kunis is portrayed as an evil being to Natalie Portman, who believes Mila is out to get her, and drives her over the edge. Like I said, details are not exact, but the plots are pretty similar.

KinzCove wrote:

I'm not saying you got it from Black Swan, but that isn't the point, the basic plots are very similar, yes there are SOME details that are different, but they're still practically the same. And in the film, Mila Kunis is portrayed as an evil being to Natalie Portman, who believes Mila is out to get her, and drives her over the edge. Like I said, details are not exact, but the plots are pretty similar.

The evil being is not separate from her. Its not another person, it is her, but not her, its her evil inside appearing in a different form trying to take over her. I know the plot is similar but if I change the plot it won't be as good. And that's only a summary. not the full thing

So it seems like the protagonist has dissociative identity disorder which makes her at times antagonist. That's cool.
If you haven't heard about Black Swan you must be living in a cave though... mini/lol  No offense, it's just a joke but it's certainly a movie you should know mini/smile oh and I think the plot is good but I think that who killed all the victims shouldn't be revealed until the end of the film because with the plot you described right now the viewer already knows who's killing the other dancers and the only intriguing thing left will be whether someone finds out the truth or not which also is pretty obvious because if nobody figures out who's the killer there will be no culmination in the movie.

Last edited by Leo's World (April 16, 2012 (02:27pm))

And Natalie Portman is her own pro and antagonist throughout Black Swan. Honestly, the plots are too similar to ignore. But if you're playing the "IT CAN'T BE THE SAME SINCE I'VE NEVER SEEN IT" card, then that's your choice - but not a wise one. Originality is important in filmmaking.

KinzCove wrote:

And Natalie Portman is her own pro and antagonist throughout Black Swan. Honestly, the plots are too similar to ignore. But if you're playing the "IT CAN'T BE THE SAME SINCE I'VE NEVER SEEN IT" card, then that's your choice - but not a wise one. Originality is important in filmmaking.

I'm not playing any card. I seriously had no idea what Black Swan was about. It's kind of hard to explain the idea through words. It's kind of like The Mirror as opposed to the reflection, not the story. heres the concept video I made that made me expand. http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ept-video/

I saw it the other day. Again, just because you've never seen Black Swan - doesn't mean your story is original.

KinzCove wrote:

I saw it the other day. Again, just because you've never seen Black Swan - doesn't mean your story is original.

Hey KinzCove.. not to be rude or against your opinion.. You do have a point about being original.. But see it this way.. These guys are having fun with what their are doing and if they come up with a story them self that is almost similar to what the cinema all ready has to offer then that's all fine and we can only respect that. As long they go and make the movie, have fun and learn from it then that's all great.. We all have to start somewhere.. I started with turning games in to brickfilms and nobody told me I wasn't original, we all deserve a chance and perhaps new things will develop along the process.

I think I get what's going on here.

Chiro, you're saying that you're not copying The Black Swan, which is true.  But you seem to think that people think you are.  Just because the idea and plot are similar, doesn't have to mean the idea is copied.  Sometimes, it's just a coincidence.
Also, originality isn't always defined as not copying someone else.  It's also defined as not making something that's already out there, which can happen by coincedence.  So it's not a good idea to make something that's similar to something already been done, regardless of how it happened.
That happened to me once.  I came up with an idea by borrowing one central idea from another source (a time-travelling phone booth, from Doctor Who).  I did something completly different with it (having two kids travelling in it), but it ended up being just like something else (Bill and Ted). Even though I was planning on making it different, I decided against doing it.  It was hard to come up with ideas past the pilot episode.  That's the main problem with concepts that have been done before, it's hard to put a unique spin on it.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

UPDATE: We have come up with some main/ supporting characters.
Syrena: She is a sweet sunshiny girl, with a love of life and a passion for ballet dancing. But she has a problem, her bad side has formed into a being and is trying to materialize by weakening Syrena and striking her so she can take over her body.
Kirana (pronounced KEER-ANNA): She is the evil being who is trying to take over Syrena's body. Nothing is pure and good (as she is Syrena's evil side) and she hates all of Syrena's enemies with a passion, enough to kill them.
Chelsea: Syrena's rival. She is very conceded and thinks she is better than everyone. She is the main target of Kirana.

Minifigures and more characters coming soon.