Re: Brickworld Chicago Film Festival 2012 [CLOSED]

1nerdproduction wrote:

Any requirements for the plot?

Nope.

SpaceGorilla wrote:

That's funny! I actually went to this thing years ago, before I had any interest in brickfilming. I wonder if I actually met you or Pagano without knowing it. Fallentomato, what years were you there? I remember the first time I heard about this site was when a guy was standing by a brickfilm booth, where a TV displaying "The Magic Portal" was right there. I asked the guy about brickfilming, and he told me about this site..

I've been there every year it's existed, in 2007 I was just a guest and it wasn't until last year that I started helping David Pagano out with the animation stuff, so it was probably him who told you about BiM mini/smile

Excessive Violence, so Can I have like a PG-13 Action movie style film?

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a424/BattlefleetGothica/RBSbanner.jpg
                                                      Effects Guru.

RoyalbrickStudios wrote:

Excessive Violence, so Can I have like a PG-13 Action movie style film?

That should be fine. LEGO uses a good rule of thumb: "no Tarantino style violence"

Does the video have to be made specifically for the contest? I assume no because there is no theme.

buikes wrote:

Does the video have to be made specifically for the contest? I assume no because there is no theme.

Nope, feel free to submit any video you've made. We're just looking for the best stuff mini/smile

I can only go to Brickworld Chicago if I place in the contest...

Can I still enter?

"I imagine Brickfilming as an endless sea, the ideas float. If they are forgotten, they sink to the deepest part of the sea"
- Troodon
"I'm so used to live action I hadn't thought about the idea of feeding directly to a computer haha"
- Philip 'I own the largest Stop Motion Website' Hienrich

GluglusStudios wrote:

Can I still enter?

The videos won't be judged until during Brickworld, so there's no way for us to let you know if you've placed ahead of time.

fallentomato wrote:
GluglusStudios wrote:

Can I still enter?

The videos won't be judged until during Brickworld, so there's no way for us to let you know if you've placed ahead of time.

Ah, might still go anyway.

"I imagine Brickfilming as an endless sea, the ideas float. If they are forgotten, they sink to the deepest part of the sea"
- Troodon
"I'm so used to live action I hadn't thought about the idea of feeding directly to a computer haha"
- Philip 'I own the largest Stop Motion Website' Hienrich

I would love to go but I live in finland. mini/sad

"They say Creativity is the limit, but in reality the amount of bricks is the limit" ~Rook13

Just a quick update to let everyone know we extended the deadline to June 10th. We've got 5 entires so far and are looking forward to more!

fallentomato wrote:

Just a quick update to let everyone know we extended the deadline to June 10th. We've got 5 entires so far and are looking forward to more!

Going to be a tight one, but going to try mini/smile

Be sure to follow me on:
FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter

Is registration closed? Im confused?

The Film Festival was a success! We had 14 total entries and ~100 audience members in attendance. You can check out all of the entries here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL00BBEBA81B47625A

Thanks to everyone who entered! We'll keep you posted on next year's submission window!