Topic: Free Fish - official music video

Directory Link

Free Fish - official music video

The official music video for a track from The Koobiacs' album. Enjoy! (The exact title of the song is: Free Fish or the Incredible Story of the Fisherman's Friend)

Free Fish by The Koobiacs (music video)

And... Making-of video for Free Fish

Last edited by France & Alex (September 29, 2012 (01:00am))

Re: Free Fish - official music video

Wow... I wasn't expecting that! mini/eek

I just loved it, seriously. Continuez sur cette voie!

Bravo! mini/delirium

-Concept: 8/10 (What a great concept)
   -Cinematography: 9.5/10
   -Music: 8/10
   -Animation: 9/10
   -Effects: 9/10
   -Sets: 9.5/10

→OVERALL: 8.9/10

*The Overall rating as nothing to do with the other categories... It's just my overall appreciation of your film.

Thanks, Loïc F-B!

Hey, NXTManiac, why did you release your incredible music video at the same time as ours'? Oh, well...

Last edited by France & Alex (September 16, 2012 (11:07pm))

Nice job! The animation was great as well as the plot. I really enjoyed the shots of the giant clock, especially the overhead one. The use of the giant minifigure was splendid as well! Keep up the nice work!

Wow, loved that!
The animation was good and I liked the story. mini/smile
Oh and I also really liked the sets!
4.5/5

It's quite a nice video, and yes, it is unfortunately over shadowed by NXTManiac's amazing video. The sets and animation were good, and I really liked the story of it. Overall it was very well done. mini/smile

You two really know how to tell a story... and you are master animators, as well!  I love your interpretation of the lyrics, especially the clock scenes.  You two are a real class act.  I loved it!! mini/bigsmile

Nice Job and I would like to say congrats on it , it was very well made

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

Thanks everyone for your comments! They are really appreciated. mini/smile

Brick7 wrote:

You two really know how to tell a story... and you are master animators, as well!  I love your interpretation of the lyrics, especially the clock scenes.  You two are a real class act.  I loved it!! mini/bigsmile

Thanks a lot, Brick7! Well, it wasn't obvious giving sense to what they are saying in the song, but we tried to stick to the lyrics and that's what inspired us!

This is an inspiring piece of work! mini/smile

Very impressive:)

I don't know that I understood everything I saw, but it was a pleasure to watch it nonetheless. I enjoyed the sets and the stylization and consistency of animation between each shot. Good work, fellows! I always enjoy your stuff.

Jargon wrote:

I don't know that I understood everything I saw, but it was a pleasure to watch it nonetheless. I enjoyed the sets and the stylization and consistency of animation between each shot. Good work, fellows! I always enjoy your stuff.

Thanks for your comment, Jargon! mini/smile
Well, there isn’t pretty much to understand; it’s just a music video! Basically, a student sitting in the back of the classroom tries to avoid the teacher’s question by pushing an emergency button under his desk, and then escapes into another world... He uses different modes of transport, inspired by old TV series (Goldorak, Thunderbirds, the A-team...). But a big “Kubiac” stops him (Larry Kubiac is a character from the series “Parker Lewis Can’t Lose” and which inspired The Koobiacs’ name)... And then, his teacher wakes him up and still wants the answer to his question... That’s all folks!

By the way, has anybody noticed the 6 little dinos hidden in the different sets?

Last edited by France & Alex (September 25, 2012 (10:06pm))

I really liked it! The animation was charming and well done. And the sets were great!
I also really liked the story. So all around, a very nice video!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

I quite like the style of this film. The cinematography and animations were great! Kudos to you 4.5/5!

We updated the first post with the link to the making-of video for Free Fish.

France & Alex wrote:

By the way, has anybody noticed the 6 little dinos hidden in the different sets?

Answer to that question in the making-of...

Last edited by France & Alex (September 29, 2012 (01:11am))