Topic: Snowboarding Tricks

Directory Link

Snowboarding Tricks

YouTube

A snowboarder conquers a black diamond hill pulling off some sick tricks and having fun in the process.

Last edited by Daniel (December 25, 2012 (03:03pm))

Re: Snowboarding Tricks

hey, that was pretty cool. congrats. was that salt that you used for snow?

Atlas Animationz wrote:

hey, that was pretty cool. congrats. was that salt that you used for snow?

Thanks mini/smile  No, it was sugar.  It looks good, but it's hard to animate with.

The animation was good, but his body/arms probably should have moved a little bit more.

And using sugar for snow was a very creative idea, but how much did it take? mini/eh

3.65/5

(That guy must be really good, the one time I tried to snowboard I sprained my wrist and couldn't even get down the bunny slope without falling. mini/lol )

Pritchard Studios wrote:

The animation was good, but his body/arms probably should have moved a little bit more.

And using sugar for snow was a very creative idea, but how much did it take? mini/eh

3.65/5

(That guy must be really good, the one time I tried to snowboard I sprained my wrist and couldn't even get down the bunny slope without falling. mini/lol )

lol  Amazingly I've never injured myself when snowboarding, but I do know someone that has sprained his wrist almost every winter for about 6 years.  I don't understand why he keeps snowboarding, but I guess he enjoys it mini/XD

I agree about the arm movement.  The only excuse I have is that I was rushing to finish it and therefore mostly ignored this aspect. 

I'm not sure what you mean by how much did it take in reference to the sugar.  Do you mean how much did I use?  If so, then I can say I used roughly 2/3 of a US gallon.   Even though sugar is cheap, I don't throw it away when I finish a film.  I save it for future projects.  I had used this same sugar back in 2009 when I made my film "A Christmas Short."

Thanks for the feedback.

Nothing like using 3 year old sugar! Smart move and a great way to be economical for your shooting budget. Really enjoyed the animation primarily because I hadn't seen a brickfilm with snowboarding in it. You did fairly well and it looked fairly difficult to animate at certain points. As Pritchard said, some arm movement would have been nice but considering you were rushing you did a nice job. I would also prefer a greater variation in camera angles and shots. Good job animating something that isn't done frequently if at all!

Repelling Spider wrote:

Nothing like using 3 year old sugar! Smart move and a great way to be economical for your shooting budget. Really enjoyed the animation primarily because I hadn't seen a brickfilm with snowboarding in it. You did fairly well and it looked fairly difficult to animate at certain points. As Pritchard said, some arm movement would have been nice but considering you were rushing you did a nice job. I would also prefer a greater variation in camera angles and shots. Good job animating something that isn't done frequently if at all!

Thanks for the feedback, Spider.  I'll definitely keep these things in mind mini/smile