Re: YouTube Jerk Thread

Cartoonkid98 wrote:
PushOverProductions wrote:
masterlego wrote:

oh yeah i hate it when people try to make themselves sound better then some of the best people

With all due respect to your opinion, keshen8 is NOT the best,

Just because they have the smoothest animation, forest fire and keshen are not worthy of being called some of the best. When somebody can only make videos including swearing and sex jokes, they are nowhere near "Some of the best". If somebody who animated at 5 FPS made a video with those jokes, I assure you the would not get much subscribers.

In my opinion, THEY are in someway YouTube jerks!

What?!

Forrestfire Rules! He's the best 10 times better than people like that Smeagolstudios guy.

Better bite your tongue...(THE ADIMN IS ALWAY LISTENING)

Kidding, but lets not go off topic. This isn't the "Argue About Forestfire101 Thread"

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

'Bout time this thread got started up again. This is where I would go if I was having a bad day. Some of the posts here would leave me laughing for hours!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

'Bout time this thread got started up again. This is where I would go if I was having a bad day. Some of the posts here would leave me laughing for hours!

your welcome mini/wink

http://i.snag.gy/E3VvB.jpg
"Right. He deserves for it to not display right" — Sméagol
YouTube | Google+ | Vimeo | Flickr | Twitter

masterlego wrote:
Mickey wrote:

your welcome mini/wink

Oh yeah, thank you.

But, yeah. This was my everyday entertainment, this here thread. And, again, I thank you.

i thought it was still active and it was entertaining

masterlego wrote:

oh yeah i hate it when people try to make themselves sound better then some of the best people

Just because they have the smoothest animation, forest fire and keshen are not worthy of being called some of the best. When somebody can only make videos including swearing and sex jokes, they are nowhere near "Some of the best". If somebody who animated at 5 FPS made a video with those jokes, I assure you the would not get much subscribers.

I agree that such writing is usually not the best.  I saw a Lego video, whose name I won't even mention because I don't want it to get views, and it was just vulgar and they thought that made it funny.  Wow.  Brilliant!  The animation wasnt artistic either.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:
masterlego wrote:

I agree that such writing is usually not the best.  I saw a Lego video, whose name I won't even mention because I don't want it to get views, and it was just vulgar and they thought that made it funny.  Wow.  Brilliant!  The animation wasnt artistic either.

There is no need for another complain about Forrest & Keshen for some inane reason discussion. It's been done before, nothing creative came out of it, and it ended up getting locked in due process, as to the amount of stupid hate it contained. If their humour doesn't appeal to your conservative ideals, deal with it and just avoid it. End of story, no more need for discussion.

Last edited by Carousel (June 21, 2013 (02:59pm))

On the subject of a few of the above comments, you guys are right. Keshen, while talented, makes videos with unfunny and inappropriate jokes that people find funny. Then, people with real talent, like TheBrotherhoodWorkshop and BRiCKHEAD get low numbers of subscribers and views--not too low, but arguably lower than Keshen. They get ignored. And they're the ones with the real talent. I mean, ForrestFire and Keshen aren't the only guys on the Web who make brickfilms. I mean, seriously. Seriously...

This whole subject is incomprehensibly flawed. You have failed to comprehend a number of facts:

- Different people find different types of things amusing (see diversity).
- There is no overriding standard every person should comply to in the field of humour, it's multifaceted.
- Keshen and Forrest have been on YouTube for the best part of the last five or more years, and have successfully built up a devoted fan base, so it's no wonder their videos are insanely popular.
- Wonderful people like Brotherhood have a different style (which I myself prefer), and despite being on YouTube for under half a year, are also insanely popular.
- Your linear definition of talent is underwhelming and highly subjective.

I felt it necessary to say this because up until now, this discussion has been one sided and close-minded. Just please stop with the subjective jerk labelling of two people who clearly aren't particularly fitting of the title.

Last edited by Carousel (June 21, 2013 (11:24pm))

One is an insanely popular YouTuber who's just doing what they enjoy doing. The other is is doing nothing but complaining about them on a forum. Which one is the jerk?

I stopped complaining about Forrestfire101 when I realised I was actually being a much bigger jerk than he was (admittedly, he was a jerk when he was younger - but everyone is a jerk when they are younger, and Forest has actually grown up). Its fine to vent your frustration at Hollywood and stuff like that because they are giant moguls who can't hear you over the sound of all their money. Forestfire and Keshen are just people guys. Living off-of YouTube isn't easy, and isn't nearly as glamorous as everyone seems to think it is. I've made fun of this before.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that.  I don't really know how making money off YT works, but a while back I read an article about an otherwise unemployed British Vlogger (Charlieissocoollike, I believe) who apparently made enough money to be able to afford buying a £500,000 flat in London, and maybe a car if I remember correctly.  Now, Forrest and Keshen might have fewer subscribers (the aforementioned Vlogger had around 1.5 million subscribers at the time I read the article) but I imagine they still must make quite a bit of money.

In fairness to Keshen, he has made some original and funny films (such as Days of Our Pizza and Captain Obvious), though some of his other films I find pretty tasteless and unfunny.

On the other hand, the majority of people on BiM dislike Forrestfire and/or his style of films. He's been known to be extremely rude towards new brickfilmers and people who (politely) criticize his videos, so I wouldn't say that calling him a "jerk" is entirely unjustified (though I would hesitate to use that precise language)--and his fanatical, almost cult-like fanbase doesn't exactly help, either.  I don't visit his channel so I wouldn't know for sure how much he's "grown up".  I do realize that people might become more mature as they grow older but that still isn't any excuse for the quality of his films.  (Unless I've been seriously brainwashed I don't ever recollect coming anywhere near to using Forrestfire-levels of profanity/violence/sexual jokes at any point in my life).  And yes, I realize humour is subjective, but I don't think many people over the age twelve would find Forrest's films funny (and now excuse me please while I go and apologize to the various twelve-year olds I've just insulted).

That having been said, it's even worse if someone deliberately tries to get attention by claiming they're better than the most popular brickfilmers around when their work is clearly some of the worst examples of animation I have ever seen.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (June 23, 2013 (09:54am))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I remember when ForrestFire came on BiM, flaunting his fame and calling us losers for not liking his films.

Oh wait, turns out that never happened! If I recall correctly (the posts appear to have been on the Refugee Camp) he was polite despite the fact that half of our posters seem to think whining about Forrest is some rite of passage toward having better taste in film. He may have been dismissive or rude to commentors in the distant past, I have no idea- all I know is that I've personally seen members of this site being jerks toward him more times than I can count, with absolutely no provocation whatsoever. If you don't like his style, give him constructive criticism or don't watch his films. If you don't like him as a person, don't talk to him. If you don't like his fans, ignore them.

And honestly, if anyone wants to complain about his animation, they'd better have a serious portfolio to back that up, because he's better than 95% of the people on this site right now.

Squash wrote:

And honestly, if anyone wants to complain about his animation, they'd better have a serious portfolio to back that up, because he's better than 95% of the people on this site right now.

You got that right. mini/wink

GHB Productions wrote:
Squash wrote:

You got that right. mini/wink

Yeah...

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39014443.jpg
By "everyone", I mean everyone who's complaining about him.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

Well that escalated quickly.

I probably shouldn't have brought up the subject, sorry bout that.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Keshen once promoted one of my Brickfilms on his channel, he's subscribed to me, he follows me on Twitter, and he's been very supportive of my work. He is anything but a jerk, and its not just because he's been kind to me - but because he's also been very kind to other Brickfilmers. Whilst almost every Brickfilmer on this site (at one point including me, I regret to say) was criticising Forrestfire101, Keshen was actually really nice to the guy, and I'd actually say he's helped made Forests videos better. They're still not to my taste - but its now just my taste rather than the quality - which I have no complaints about. 

Not only that, but I actually really like Keshen's films too. Days of Our Pizza is one of the funniest Brickfilms ever made, and his fight scenes are sublimely animated. No-one complained about The Force Unleashed by Fancypants, which is basically just one giant lightsaber duel (and is completely awesome), but Keshen wants to do a specular gunfight and everyone suddenly pretends their a Sight and Sound critic. You gaffaw at Mindgame's and Filmyguy's spoofs of popular trends (which are all hilarious), but when Keshen does it your jeans become so tight that your voice becomes higher than Beaker.

The only other thing I will say is that if you think this websites overall animation quality has gone downhill...just check back at Brickfilms.com. Wow....

Now can we please go back to talking about jerks who steal other peoples Brickfilms? That IS the purpose of this thread after all...

YouTube
Max, She/They

that is completely right just because they are a little over appreciated doesnt mean they should be completely under appreciated

masterlego wrote:

that is completely right just because they are a little over appreciated doesnt mean they should be completely under appreciated

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me--if they're over-appreciated, isn't not under-appreciating them a contradiction in terms?  Personally I don't dislike Forrest/Keshen just to be different or because of their fame (in fact I have to hand it to them for being able to become popular and build large fanbases), but on the basis of the content they put in their films (though, as I said before, Keshen has made some original and funny films, so it's not even entirely true to say that I completely dislike him).

Now, we should probably get back to the topic on hand.  I haven't seen any YouTube copycats about, so I'll leave now...

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I'm really sorry for this, but I'll just voice my opinion on Forrest and Keshan real quick, seeing as I haven't said anything before.

I've seen some of Forrest's films.  I don't care for the content of pretty much all of them, but I understand that a lot of people truly find that entertaining and would rather hear vulgarities and crude humor than any alternatives.  His animation style is very good, I actually like it pretty well.  In most of his Batman videos he doesn't really use any cinematography, like not many camera movements and such.  Honestly, I quite liked his new Iron Man 3 video just because the sets and all the characters were impressive.  His Avengers one was also better than I expected. 

So when it comes down to it, I can understand if that's what he want's to make, and I can respect that.  I wish he made more family-friendly films, just because I can see he's a good animator and can do a lot more than most people when it comes to animation.
I don't watch most of his stuff but if I see one that looks interesting, I may watch it still(if it weren't for this thread, I wouldn't have even checked to see if he has any new videos).   

I haven't really seen much of Keshan's stuff, save for the violent, action packed Black Ops video, his Iron Man 3, and Avengers.  His animation is also, very good.  Again, he has some vulgar content (though not nearly as bad as Forrest).

So really, it kind of depends on the theme of most of their videos whether I watch them or not.  Then I judge each one by that one, not previous videos. 

I actually think they both have had some better videos lately. 

My two cents.