Topic: [Preview/WIP] The Green Spear

I started this project a year ago after Christmas of 2007.  I got a lot of LEGOs for Christmas, so I made a goal to create a film using only the LEGOs that I got for Christmas. 
So, me being me (and quite inept at brickfilming at the time, hopefully which has diminished in some form - I hope I got better), I just starting filming stuff without any idea whatsoever about how it was going to fit to-gether.  I knew there were Martians, and a green spear, and a diver, but I had no idea, or at that time intention, as to how they would fit to-gether to form some semblance of plot or action. 
Basically, I just shot stuff that I thought I would later need or it just looked cool - OK maybe not, I just shot stuff I thought I would need later.
I sat down in October (of 2008) and finally, FINALLY, scripted more or less of a plot to the film, which is not really the same in any respects toward the original.  So, this video link enclosed herein will bring you to what is all of the extra footage that I created.  It's not too terribly interesting; however, it does show how much better I got in animating.  Even just in one year, ha.  (I've only been doing it for a year.) 
There probably will be little to no reflection between this preview/WIP type thing and that actual finished film.  For which I have only two finished scenes, no script (as of yet), no dialogue, no storyboarding. 
Brickfilming was easier before it had to actually be well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKmBwwK1m18

Edit: I realise I use taboo live action.  mini/eek The final will NOT have any.  mini/no I realised with Video Title (an-other poorly made first brickfilm), that live action mixed with animation just looks really bad.

Last edited by dbrauer43 (March 13, 2009 (07:27pm))

Der Polizist verkauft dem Weihnachtsmann Fahrräder.

Re: [Preview/WIP] The Green Spear

Had I finished the original story line, I would have added audio, but since I changed the whole story line, I threw out all of the extra stuff which is what this is.  I also didn't film a lot of the scenes that would have been in between those shown here, so that also adds to the confusion. 
My skill in animation has improved since I started this.  I think the earliest scenes for this were from Dec of 2007.  I'm at about 8 frames now; I'm still improving...  for which criticism helps.  That's probably the reason that I posted this.

Let me guess, Windows Movie Maker?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I you used windows movie maker, then instead of just increasing the frame rate of your animation, just speed up the entire film, it would double the frame rate you were originally using and make the animation a lot smother. mini/bigsmile

-Jon64

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4876920171_59c4d4ac70.jpg
More videos on my Youtube Channel or on my (now updated) Webstite

Yeah, it was Windows. 
I'll be sure to try speeding up the frame rate; I need to play around with that anyway.

Download MonkeyJam.