Topic: What is Your Favorite Type of Brickfilm??

What is your favorite genre of Brickfilms?

Why do you enjoy said category over all the others?

Last edited by CarrollFilms (December 30, 2013 (10:40pm))

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Re: What is Your Favorite Type of Brickfilm??

I enjoy good brickfilms.

I like good brickfilms because they are good, and they are much better than bad brickfilms.

I like brickfilms with onion rings and Josh Brolin.

I think Squid kind summed it up for me. There's so many different types, there's no way I can just prefer one.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

I think what the question at hand here is basically asking "If you had to choose your favorite brickfilm genre, what would it be?"

In that case, I'd say comedy. Any well made brickfilm is always nice, though.

Like Squid, I don't really have a preference. I keep trying to force myself to pick one, but I can't. If anything I'd say longer films that have a high enough technical quality that one is really able to be immersed within the film, but that's not really a genre. I think the LEGO medium is best suited to comedy, but that's not necessarily my favorite. mini/smile

I like dramatic, serious Brickfilms - but there is a much larger margin for error in that genre than the more lighthearted, comedic Brickfilms. Bad dramatic Brickfilms tend to be worse than bad comedic Brickfilms.

You can rarely fail with comedy. I mean...its LEGO! Half of the jokes are already written (not that comedy is easy...)

YouTube
Max, She/They

I like sci-fi, WWII reenactments, and comedy, and running series, like Joe Brickmond.  And, Max, you are right.  Writing comedy is NOT easy.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

I personally like fantasy, sci-fy and mystery, as Brickfilms in those category's usually have a decent story.

Squid wrote:

I enjoy good brickfilms.

I like good brickfilms because they are good, and they are much better than bad brickfilms.

That's exactly what I always thought.

Max Butcher wrote:

I like dramatic, serious Brickfilms - but there is a much larger margin for error in that genre than the more lighthearted, comedic Brickfilms. Bad dramatic Brickfilms tend to be worse than bad comedic Brickfilms.

You can rarely fail with comedy. I mean...its LEGO! Half of the jokes are already written (not that comedy is easy...)

You've got a good point there.  Making something serious can fall apart so easily.  It annoys me when people try but fail miserably.

Pushover, for instance, is an excellent comedy filmer, but I don't think he could do anything serious very well.  LEGO itself is kinda hard to take seriously which makes it especially challenging.  So seeing a good serious film is more of a rare gem.  I only have one mostly serious script myself, Vampire Cinema, but the scripts is like 30 pages long and it's going to take ages if I get around it it.

Most of my films are comedies, which I usually actually find ridiculously easy to write.  And after I'm done my scripts rarely ever get any significant revisions.  I feel a little bit bad about this, because I feel I should be improving it, but I usually can't think of anything more to add or revise and so I just stick to it, but luckily most people seem to think it's okay.

For the script of Welcome to Darkmoor, I started it out thinking I was going to write a lolwut comedy and then it turned into a sort of thriller/horror as I started going, which was not really my intention, but I stuck with it.

Though I'd go back to my original comment in that a good film is good.  A good film can come from anywhere, which is the important thing.