Topic: Drifter - THAC11

Directory Link

Drifter - THAC11

YouTube

A man drifts from city to city, but what secrets does he keep?

Made in 24 Hours for THAC 11! My first completed (on time) THAC film which I am hugely proud of! It was a great thing to be part of, and I'm sorry to anyone who couldn't finish their entry, as I know a good few who were hit with the THAC curse.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: Drifter - THAC11

Can't stress how much I love this film. The narration is great and very fitting for the film, same with the music, the animation is nice and of course the lighting is sublime.
All of that works to bring home a genuinely somber atmosphere that really pulls you in, kinda felt like an old noire film in that regard.

If there was any small criticism to be said it's that in the

Spoiler (click to read)

scene where he shoots the other guy

the animation looked somewhat stiff, his arm just sort of stays up and the other guy doesn't seem to react at all.

Apart from that small thing, lovely film, never expected this kind of thing from you. Keep it up.

Oh yeah almost forgot

Spoiler (click to read)

OGRES ARE LIKE ONIONS. OGRES HAVE LAYERS.

Last edited by jstudios (December 29, 2013 (12:52pm))

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Pretty nifty, especially for a THAC entry. I loved the lighting, it really made the film. Nice job!

Spoiler (click to read)

The only thing I learned from THAC is that onion rings have layers

The lighting was nice, my only qualm is that at first, I didn't realize what was going on, but that repaired itself with the letter and I am happy I could help with the titles and credits.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I really like this film. The overall feel of this film is wonderful. The lighting is excellent and I love the way it matches the darker undertones of the film.

This was brilliant! I enjoyed it all the way through. I'm really impressed.
The story was brilliant! 5/5
The animation was amazing! You animated like a 20 step walk cycle for a 24 hour animation contest. I can barely be bothered to do 10! 5/5
And lastly the lighting. The lighting was FANTASTIC! I loved it so much, especially the lighting for the exterior of the police station it was just so beautiful.
Overall - 5/5 my favourite THAC11 Entry.

Keep up the great work. mini/smile

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ibm441.jpg

Beautiful, Hal. A classic approach. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed your entry.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Cheers fellas! I was proud of it from the beginning but I never imagined it'd garner such a great response, so thanks so much!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

OH MY GOSH YOU MADE A NOIR! I don't care if some people don't consider this noir - I do.

I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw it. Really enjoyable! mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

I'd agree with Walter, this is definitely noir-ish.  I love the lighting, and the story is great.  The only thing I thought was a bit off would be the voice of the policeman, but that's a minor point.   But an excellent job!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

really like this one!! had a great story and set design and lighting and voice acting!! one of my favorite entries, you did a fantastic job. even more impressive is that you made it in 24 hours!!! wonderful work

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Man, that camera shake was really good. How did you manage to do that with your camera for each frame?

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?