Re: Members Who Inspire You !!

Probably the people who've inspired me to keep brickfilming and improve are:

Jstudios
He's a fantastic animator whose work always make me wanna make a film. He's really funny and energetic and an awesome person. So yeah.

Onion
Even before coming on Skype and actually talking to him, I watched his films and adored them. And when I finally got a Skype and got to talk to him, from the very moment I came into my first call on THAC 9, he asked me how my entry was doing, and he's one of the nicest people I've ever met. And he's a fantastic brickfilmer and I'm extremely happy that he's returned to brickfilming.

RealBrick
A really friendly guy who gives me tons of help and feedback. If you need a logo or a title sequence, he's the guy to go to. Although he's only made one brickfilm, I can tell there's so much potential for more of them.

Pushover Productions
Although I've only known him for a short period of time, he's a really nice and friendly guy who's made some of the most hilarious brickfilms I've ever seen. He also motivates me to be a better voice actor, cause there are times where I won't say a line correctly for the fear or sounding silly or stupid. Just...even the thought of some of his films are making me laugh really hard as I type this. I look forward to all the films he has in store for the future.

And there are a lot more people who I haven't mentioned, it's just these people stick out in my mind right now.

Wow, everyone's sharing so much love on this thread. My turn.

Nathan Wells
Dude. The guy got me interested in brickfilming as a hobby. I'd done a couple of animations that only lasted a few seconds, but I was mostly interested in making photo comics. Then I saw [I think it was Spoilers] and I was hooked, so thanks man.

Nick Durron
Got me interested in doing VFX. Since then I've bought HitFilm and the Adobe suite, and am loving both, and have actually worked at the VFX company that did the effects for Mermaids: The Body Found and for a genuine feature film that comes out in the UK next year (that I'm not meant to talk about). Before Nick Durron, I'd never even considered giving proper VFX ago, beyond LSMaker, and he's such a nice guy as well; he put up with me being an annoyingly active fan for years (sorry Nick, I was a dumb kid).

Squid
You proved that people are ready to accept heartwarming nonsensical farce, rather than just fight scenes or Batman/Indiana Jones crossovers, or arty shorts that are so [should probably stop in case I accidentally offend anyone]. You're animations are just so darn likeable and fun, and they don't even try hard to be; they just are.

That's my love letter to brickfilming, I guess. There are other brickfilmers who've inspired me, but this is the main Triumvirate of Inspirativitness. Hope my post hasn't been too boring or sentimental, but seeing the thread actually made me realise how important BiM as a whole is to me.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Many thanks to all who mentioned me. I love you guys too!

JK, Pushover, and Sonjira-Wonderfully and delightfully funny guys. Their comic talents are gonna take them big places later in life.

Jstudios, LASF, and Mighty-very fun guys who are great at motivating me. Where would I be without you guys?

Squid, Walter, and Max Butcher-brilliant, talented young gents who are great at doing what they do best.

And Holding Our Own-he's full of wisdom and talent. He's a really nice guy, too.

There's many others that I know have inspired me and have been really kind to me, whether they are active or inactive. The site might not be as lively as I remember it, but it has become a lot more forgiving and gentle.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

No one wants to talk about me?

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

They like me, ma! They really like me!

Here are a couple of my inspirations:

Squid-One of the first brickfilmers to get behind my films! He has some great and unique animation, and makes tons of creative stories and characters. I also met him at BrickFlix, which was dandy.
Max Butcher-Also a supporter of me, he's also a brilliant voice actor!
JK-For providing inspiration, and insigntful comments!
LucasetaK-A swell guy with some swell films! Met at BrickFlix as well!
Aquamorph-His tutorials helped me start out brickfilming!
Pagano-His success at brickfilming is quite inspirational, and it was cool meeting him at BrickFlix!
Nathan Wells-One of the first Brickfilmers I saw. It's great to have him back in the community!
Walter-Cool guy with cool comments and films!

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Filmyguy - has had a huge impact on my take on comedy with his tim and fred shorts and his very funny Thac entry
Mindgame - Watching all his ability to do dialog scenes without having to do any post work with mouths has helped me learn alot on how inanimate objects can speak

Many other users on BIM - inspire me everyday with their films and creations

Latest video: Zombie Blockade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XdMQWLu5I

The Son Of Shadowmarch: PreProduction Official Thread: http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … brickfilm/
Script: 80% / Storyboards: 10% / Voice Acting: 0%

Aw, thanks, Mickey.

Squid
    He's definitely been an inspiration to me with his amazing films and extremely helpful tips and tricks. He's an awesome voice actor and a really fun guy.

Mindgame, David Pagano, Nathan Wells
    I'm just going to lump all of these guys together - they've all inspired me with their great brickfilms.

Smeagol
    Another great guy, who has made some really cool brickfilms in the past.

Nick Durron
    He is the creator of films that are stunningly amazing. I really wish I could make something that was even a percentage of as cool as what he's done (though I'm probably not going to... mini/tongue).

Jay Silver
    I had been seeing his stuff pop up all around even before I really got into brickfilming, and I loved it. He's an amazing animator, and a fun guy to talk to.

Pritchard Studios
    Pritchard is a great asset to the community with his fun films, helpful comments and reviews, and just being an overall nice person. He's also a fellow Christian, which has been a blessing.

a repelling spider.
    Spider just kind of popped up out of nowhere a little while ago, and made some awesome brickfilms, which really inspired me. He also is a nice guy, very uplifting, and another fellow Christian.

Walter Benson, Pushover Productions
    Both of these guys joined not too long ago, but have definitely improved a lot since then. I really like the brickfilms they make, and they're both great people to talk to.

PushOver Productions - Fantastic animator! Nearly kills me with laughter every time he releases a film, and all around a great guy to talk to in the Skype chat.

Sean Carroll - I view this awesome dude as the backbone of the Skype chat. During contests, he's generally always in the call, and always answers your question even if he seems occupied at the moment. (Did I mention his THAC film nearly killed me too?!!??)

Chris W. - Another great guy who's in the Skype chat a lot and is really encouraging in hard times. (Like during the craze of THAC) His films are really awesome too, and if you need a voice, he's willing to step up.

Jon(jstudios) - Really keeps the the morale of Skype upbeat, and is very outgoing. He'll help you in basically any situation.

Fancypants - One of my favorite animators, because of his great plot portrayal, and jaw-dropping animation.

Fun Sucker - A great guy with integrity and he's always willing to help. His films are great too!

Animation Isaac - This guy, my friends, can make a heck of a brickfilm! I mean, when BULB was released earlier this year, I was absolutely blown away. I would never have the will power to stay at work on a film that like for such a long time.

I'm sure there are so many other outstanding people in the brick filming world that have helped me reach the state I'm at now, and I thank you!

GHB wrote:

Jon(jstudios) - Really keeps the the morale of Skype upbeat, and is very outgoing. He'll help you in basically any situation.

Having people actually say such nice things about me on this thread makes me feel just so happy, I love you guys too, and thanks JK for making the thread.

Spoiler (click to read)

To all of you who said those things about me don't worry your bribery payment is due in the next few days

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

jstudios wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

To all of you who said those things about me don't worry your bribery payment is due in the next few days

It had better be worth it.

backyardlegos - always gives me good, constructive feedback (as does Pritchard Studios).
greenscreener - made 'The Button', which is just brilliant.
Filmyguy - Fantastic animator, his films always make me laugh.

Last edited by Saminatorger (December 31, 2013 (12:41pm))

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/8957456571_f23867aeec_o.jpg
PITCH Part 1 Out Now!
Part 2 Coming Soon

GHB wrote:

Animation Isaac - This guy, my friends, can make a heck of a brickfilm!

I feel warm mini/cat Thank-you sir!

Brickfilmers who inspire me...hmm

Filmyguy- I have been a fan of his films for 3 years.
Max Butcher- back in 2011 he did an great film for FOS2 called The Scream. It was one of the inspirations for BULB.
Namchild- love their films, especially The Duel

CMJ And Phalene Studios.  Without them and Joe Brickmond, I doubt I'd be doing this.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Chris W - We're married so I had to include him. He's also one of my best friends; we talk all the time on skype; for what must be like almost 3 years now and stuff, he's such a cool and hilarious guy and I'm so glad I met him. His films are amazing and I've loved his stuff since the start, his specific style and humour are always so refreshing and his recent films both for THAC and BRAWL have been simply brilliant, Homefront being my very favourite pick of the year. He's also a great help with ideas, voice acting, etc. He inspires me loads and with the rate he's continuing to grow as an animator I can see him being at the top of his game one day.

Jon (jstudios) - I can remember the day we met on skype. It was 2010 I believe, I was doing Interviews with Brickfilmers and I got mixed up and thought he was JK. We hit off instantly and we've had some great times together, including our co-op for Smoovie which we won! His films are just great, his style is so unique and classy, and his humour is so sharp, like I end up laughing everytime. He's such a cool guy and is liked and respected by everyone. Another constant inspiration and one of my best friends, and I can't wait for his newest film.

Harry (hazzat) - Harry was actually the one to first add to me to a skype group back in '09 or something. He's always been a huge inspiration to me and something I'd like to model myself off, both as an animator and a person (hes rly cool). He has a great sense of humour and he's just bursting with talent, as we can see from his many impressive films from over the years.

Blunty - This guy was the first person to introduce me to animating in '07. I had always been a big LEGO fan, and seeing them moving as a 9 year old (the film was circle circle dot dot, I'm glad I didn't understand the song very well at the time) was just mesmerizing. His animations were always top notch and to me, his writing is still the best in brickfilming, followed closely by Max Butcher. It's sad he's stopped but I will always remember fondly the inspiration he gave me for years.

Jonathan (JK) - Doesn't need much explaining, I'm pretty sure most people have already summed it up here. Nevertheless, I'll say it anyway: JK brought an entirely new play style to Brickfilming, and a range of fantastic films. He's one of the coolest guys you can get and definitely one of the funniest too. His girlfriend is pretty cool too (she really liked my BRAWL entry so yeah mini/sunnies )

Mickey - Obscured Outlooks is to me better than any cult brickfilm of the past, Josh Brolin and Onion Rings will forever have a special place in my heart. I would love a sequel (maybe 'The Desolation of Smog') or something.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I got one big one (from this site) that I've really enjoyed reading their posts and getting to know (more or less).

Squid
Dude, I love you, your animations, and your creativity. I have been wanting to tell you this but I have my English teacher this year in High School. We kind of hate each other in a way that I can still pull off a B+. Anyway, I have quoted stuff in short essays such the magical land of Riigo-Faloo. Nobody knows what brickfilms are so everyone in my class thinks I'm this creative writer. But plagiarism and copyrights aside, you have really inspired me and I envy your creativity. Thank you.

Also, Animation Isaac is another favorite of mine for someone of the younger side of the forums. I think him and I are around the same age.

~Hal

XxxFancyPantsxxX
First Brickfilm I watched was the duel

Mindgame
The profession was an amazing film

Nathan wells
For his epic come back to brickfilming

ANP
Simply just was inspiring

CrazyED
For his awesome desk top animation style

That's all!   mini/bigsmile

Moved an have no room to animate, but I do have a Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/84070766@N07/ My friends and I have been composing a Comic Series: http://cosmosquestcomic.com

Mindgame My favorite brickfilmer.
Squid One of the funniest brickfilmers.
Builder Brothers They're making The Squire and the Scroll.
Walter Benson Best THAC 11 entry!