Re: Brickfilmer's though life

Nichception.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Nathan Wells wrote:

Honestly, it's a wonder that there are this many of us at all.

I agree completely to this.
I always thought brickfilming was a large, mass filled community, especially here on BiM. I would like to know the total of active members, and the total who still brickfilm. Just a suggestion, but mainly due to the fact that I think the community of brickfilming has died down a bit over the last, what, 2-3 years.

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Is Kieren Barnett an alias of Bill Gates?

I'm not making things very clear, am I? I'm actually the alias of Steve Jobs...made on a mac.

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

I absolutely agree on how much brickfilming is in its own niche.  I feel like it's one of those things a lot of people actually know about though, like it's fairly well known by most everyone in my experience, but it's almost like they still don't realize it exists.  Lots of people think it's cool or awesome and they're like "Hey, you make LEGO movies?  That's awesome!" but then most people still don't recognize that it's not some little and childish hobby for lonely people. 

Also, I think there's scores of people out there who "make LEGO movies" but don't have any kind of online personality.  One, I think people just don't realize that there is places to go besides YouTube.  They just upload there, don't get many views, and eventually get discouraged.  I also think there's a lot of younger children (ehh...mostly 8-12 is what I'm thinking of here) that do brickfilm and love it but don't share online or do anything with what they've made.  Personally, my mom didn't let me get a YouTube until two years ago, when I was 14.  Of course, not many parents are like that but there is still a fair number that for one reason or another just don't do anything brickfilm-related online.  I also feel like a large number of people that make 'LEGO movies' are the homeschooled type, perhaps more so than other types of filmmaking or hobbies, and many of those homeschoolers are a lot more conservative than brickfilmers who aren't homeschooled, thus having even less brickfilmers be active online. 

Speaking of active...I haven't uploaded anything since August of 2013.  I am so pathetic.  It's a wonder anyone actually stays subscribed to me.  Never fear, I am still working slowly on the Knights Kingdom film! 

HoldingOurOwn, yup, I am indeed from Alaska. 
I'm not north of Fairbanks though, I'm actually in Southeast AK.  Many places up north have access to a road system of sorts that leads them into Canada.  In SE it's pretty much all islands and a peninsula so while I'm not technically and island there's no way out of town on roads.

Nathan, I actually like animation more than filmmaking!  If Brickfilming wasn't a form of animation, I probably wouldn't do it.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Why isn't Nathan some sort of Philosopher?

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I'd be up for a meeting in the UK if anyone here is of age to go for a pint with me, meeting up with Rob Frost next week to help with some VFX on his new live action short.

I have never met anyone who brickfilms in real life. I don't meet much people though. mini/sad  Some of my friends know, still having trouble telling my boyfriend. mini/tongue I have an acting class, haven't told one person there about my hobby.