Topic: EASTER 2014

I know it's early for this kind of topic, but...

Will there be an EASTER 2014 this year? If nobody's planned it so far, I was wondering if I could possibly host the contest. I'm pretty sure EASTER isn't an official contest, but something inside me made me want to ask in case someone else already had something planned.

It's still early, but a contest takes planning.

Re: EASTER 2014

The unwritten rule is that, if you want to run the next iteration of an existing contest, you should ask the last person who ran it. Which, in this case, was Pritchard Studios.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I don't believe that anybody else has made a grab for it, so you may be able to do it. But I'd wait a bit longer before jumping into it. You did a good job judging the animation challenge that you won, and as long as you prioritize it enough to get the judging done quickly and efficiently, it's not that hard.

We've still got a little bit to go, so don't get too worked up just yet, but it is nice to somebody that wants to keep the contest going.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about that rule.
In that case, as long as somebody can't come up with a good reason why you shouldn't, go ahead.

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (March 12, 2014 (12:34pm))

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I don't believe that anybody else has made a grab for it, so you may be able to do it. But I'd wait a bit longer before jumping into it. You did a good job judging the animation challenge that you won, and as long as you prioritize it enough to get the judging done quickly and efficiently, it's not that hard.

We've still got a little bit to go, so don't get too worked up just yet, but it is nice to somebody that wants to keep the contest going.

Thanks for complimenting my animation challenge judging. I definitely want to keep the EASTER contest going. It's a very fun, little contest. I always enjoyed making entries for it.

I'd definitely prioritize judging. Of course, I would need some other judges. I don't like/want to base entries off of solely my judging.

Of course, it still is very early. The Easter holiday isn't until April 20th or so (that's normally the deadline of the contest, correct?). I'll give it a few weeks or so before I do anything.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

You did a good job judging the animation challenge that you won, and as long as you prioritize it enough to get the judging done quickly and efficiently, it's not that hard.

He didn't exactly win.

LASF wrote:

I'd definitely prioritize judging. Of course, I would need some other judges. I don't like/want to base entries off of solely my judging.

Could I help judge?

Once I return from France, I'll commence preparations for the contest... if Pritchard approves, that is. mini/yes

Oh, well, he judged it at least. And did a good job.

I'd love to host it again, but it's better for the contest if the host has more access to Youtube than I currently do. So will this work for you?

Ekk, I forgot to officially transfer control to you.
All is well though, for that is the purpose of this post.
So the time has come for me to step down and a new contest host to arise.
This is your time to either shine brightly or fail miserably.
EASTER is now in your hands.
Remember though, if you cause me to regret this, you will suffer the consequences.

You won't regret it! On Sunday (when I arrive home) I'll hop to it!

Get it? Hop? ...Okay.

Good luck.

mcoov wrote:

Good luck.

Thanks! mini/smile