Topic: How to become an admin

How does one go about be becoming an admin? Do they need to be contacted by another admin and promoted?

Re: How to become an admin

I was recently asked to be a moderator.  I didn't make a request, I was just sent a PM that was basically like yo squid u wanna be a mod?  and I was like oh year sure i'd be okay with being a mod thanks man.
And now I'm a mod.

(That's all paraphrased of course)

I'm not sure you're supposed to go through an application process, they seem to just pick people who seem active and relatively reasonable.  They recently got a relatively large batch of people (me being one) and now they say that for the time being there are enough moderators after that recent batch.  I think they were asking for suggestions and someone was kind enough to suggest Jampot, John, and me.

Smeagol only wants the best brickfilmers for moderators, and thusly, chooses individuals who show certain tendencies needed for a moderator. He wants brickfilmers who are committed to the community, logging in to BiM frequently, and who have been members for long enough to be known throughout the forums. He wants helpful people, who post kind, yet truthful, critique upon other's videos and help to answer the questions of brickfilmers in need. Also, a moderator has to be of the right mindset, happy and fun; not cruel or bully-ish. Mods are needed to uphold order within these forums, manage the incoming films added to the database, and help to censor discussion not appropriate for younger readers, while managing threads, making sure they don't sway too much off topic...

But, Smeagol pretty much just chooses mods under his own terms, also listening to suggestions from the other mods. His "offer" pm is usually swift and to the point, and, he can pretty much choose anyone anytime...

Though, right now, I don't think he's looking for mods. However, if you keep up being helpful, friendly, and active, I'm sure that you'll make it to the top of the consideration list. mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Galactic Films wrote:

How does one go about be becoming an admin??

You must prove yourself worthy in the arena.

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

RedBrick1 wrote:
Galactic Films wrote:

How does one go about be becoming an admin??

You must prove yourself worthy in the arena.

A fight... TO THE DEATH!

... against a minifig!

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

May the odds be ever in your favor.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Ok, I was just asking because I didn't know if you had to submit an application or something. Thanks. mini/smile

I think it is best to let Smeagol step in here and explain his criteria instead of others speaking for him.

Fights in the arena are great and all, but I prefer to put all the applicants inside a Brazen Bull and see who lasts the longest.

There is no application process, basically I assess who has been a mature contributing member and frequent attender of the forum, ask for some advice from staff, and go from there for moderators. Being an "admin" by the forum designation doesn't mean much more except that they have some different responsibilities such as assisting with technical issues on the forum; I had to make these people admins so that they could do certain things.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png