Topic: BRAWL 2014 - Teleporter Trouble

Directory Link

BRAWL 2014 - Teleporter Trouble

YouTube

This is an entry to the BRAWL 2014 Contest.

It placed second out of forty-four entries.

Behind the Scenes Pictures

Last edited by twickabrick (August 11, 2014 (02:53pm))

Re: BRAWL 2014 - Teleporter Trouble

A great brickfilm.  It has great animation and set design.

One of my favourite BRAWL entries. Love your work.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3852/14601634248_9cbb571134_o.jpg

Where to begin? The sets were really great, and the jokes were really funny, but the animation is where this film shines. The physical humor was some of the best I've ever seen in a brickfilm.

Spoiler (click to read)

The part where their loading the alligator into the teleporter was perfect, and added so much to the joke.

Also, I think I speak for a lot of members of the community (I know squid and sillypeta agree with me) that those button presses were incredible. The only unfortunate thing about the film is that a few people seemed to come up with the idea for a teleporter based entry, but oh well. Really amazing job, you've produced another winner of a film that I'm sure to re-watch many times. mini/smile

This is my favorite BRAWL entry. The dialogue was funny and the animation was great.

One of my favourite entries, a very well executed plotline with impeccable animation and subtle camera movements. Great job.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

This is great, I love it so much.

Good job!
This is also one of my favorites, and it's sure to place well.
The animation is good, and the special touches on the teleporter made it look nice and more unique.
Switching the heads around usually works, and only failed when pupils disappeared.

The sets were detailed and well-made, and made each environment feel completely different.
And way it was shot also gave the first location a large and expansive feel.

The use of an old-school camera and aspect ratio gave it a rare and very beneficial look.
The script also shines, and the visuals only add to the humor and fun.

This is far and away the greatest entry to the contest. It will most likely become a classic and even has the feel of a pre-YouTube era brickfilm. The animation is fantastic and the laughs just keep coming; truly a laugh-out-loud brickfilm. Great job all around, twick. I could watch those button presses all day...

Wow!  That was a great short film!  Love the storytelling and animation!  I was really blown away by how you animated the teleported scenes, so cleverly done.  Good job!

Nice entry!  As mentioned before, it has the feel of a Classic Brickfilm, most likely due to the camera quality and use of older LEGO elements--which is no bad thing.  The humour is great (loved the bit with the

Spoiler (click to read)

crocodile, and the microwave

), and I love the replacement animation for the characters' heads and the teleporter itself.  And oh man, the way you animated those button pushes.  The only thing I find slightly off is that

Spoiler (click to read)

the ending is kinda depressing

but that's a minor complaint.  Great work!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

the ending is kinda depressing

Spoiler (click to read)

Yeah, violent comedic endings are kinda weird. But it was a quick, I hope funny, way of ending the movie, so we went with it.

On of my favourites.

I loved it when he pressed that button.
I didn't continue on with the rest of the film for a while.  I felt compelled to re-watch that button over and over and other until I was finally somewhat satisfied so I could watch the rest of the video.

I really liked the story, thought the dialogue could have used some polishing when they got to the ship, but that ending was executed marvelously.

I hope this one places highly.

Squid wrote:

I loved it when he pressed that button.
I didn't continue on with the rest of the film for a while.  I felt compelled to re-watch that button over and over and other until I was finally somewhat satisfied so I could watch the rest of the video.

That button animation was pretty neat.

Wonderful job!

Great sets
Great animation
Great camera movements
Great replacement animation
Great comedic timing

Wonderful job - I too hope this places highly.

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

This is hilariously and brilliantly put together. I seems like a funny skit I might watch on a sketch comedy show. The really smooth animation sits well with the cool-looking sets and props. The voice acting and the sound effects were good too. Great job on getting second place!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

wow.... fantastic. congratulations
for now i have this one...

Mod edit: Please don't promote your own film in another member's thread. Thanks!

;~)