Topic: 2014 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival Idea

I am exploring involving some different judges other than just myself and Mommy Monkey for the upcoming 2014 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival.  For the last two years, Mommy Monkey and myself have been the only judges for the festival and I would like to bring in a panel of judges to be involved for the third installment of the contest.   I would like to get a representative from BiM, Brick à Brack, Brickboard, and possibly other brickfilming sites such as Set Bump to judge the final round.  I would personally narrow down the entries so that the final round has only 20-40 brickfilms for the panel to judge.

Please give me your thoughts and opinions about doing this and perhaps it can be implemented.  I hope to have the rules posted some time in September.  The rules will be similar to last year with a few small tweaks.

Thanks,
BM

Re: 2014 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival Idea

The idea of having one representative from various different websites is an excellent one. It's sorta like the Cannes Film Festival only without the snob.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Yep, it gives it a nice global feel, and may help bring in some new perspectives.
Plus, having a high number of judges will help balance each opinion out and minimize the chance of any bias ruining the results.

As for picking the judges, that may be harder since you may not know the members of each site that well.
And narrowing it down just one member from each site may be a tough choice.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

As for picking the judges, that may be harder since you may not know the members of each site that well.
And narrowing it down just one member from each site may be a tough choice.

I would love to have input in the festival from BiM, but I want it to be up to the members of BiM to decide who represents them.  I am also even fine with a group of BiM members working as a committee to turn in a set of judging scores.  Y'all can decide by some sort of vote or dictatorial decision by the officers, but I hope you all decide to represent BiM by participating.

And....if I wanted to pick a member, I could definitely come up with a list of 10 easy, one of them being you.  Anyway, I hope this works out. mini/smile

BM

oooo ... a committee informing a committee!!!  mini/sunnies

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

I received confirmation today from David M. Pickett that he would be "happy" to represent the Set Bump for the final round of judging in the 2014 Brickfilmer's Guild Film Festival.  Thanks David. mini/smile

As a member of BiM, I nominate Pritchard Studios for the judge to represent BiM.  He will get the position if there are no other nominations by end of month.

thefourmonkeys wrote:

As a member of BiM, I nominate Pritchard Studios for the judge to represent BiM.  He will get the position if there are no other nominations by end of month.

He would be a good judge. mini/smile

END films wrote:
thefourmonkeys wrote:

ditto

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

END films wrote:
thefourmonkeys wrote:

Same here. mini/smile