Topic: What I've Done by Linkin Park

Hi everyone, I personally think this is my best work so far.

http://frankdtank16.webs.com/apps/video … -i-ve-done

Last edited by frankdtank16 (March 22, 2009 (03:44am))

Future Brickmaster Champ!

Please visit and join my website here

Re: What I've Done by Linkin Park

I've seen this before... is that possible?

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

ah, takes me back to my music video making days mini/smile

I think I want to make another one soon....

-Antifaan

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

T.G-Tom wrote:

I've seen this before... is that possible?

Well, someone else made a 4 frame per minute replica of the original music video made by Linkin Park's producer. And its also on my Youtube page, but it has no sound (actually it has some random music I had to switch with).

This might be my last LMV b/c of Youtube not allowing them now.

please watch.

Yes i watched, you should post it on bestbricks.co.nr

http://www.bestbrickstudios.net/images/banner003.png

mini/blankexpression Triple post? Seriously?

Part of the problem might be the hosting. The video kept freezing up on me every twenty seconds or so. It was a chore just to watch as much as I did.

Well, set pieces moved. Footage was repeated. Numerous shots were out of focus. Facial animation... well, points for trying. Guitar size... mini/eek  The editing was too slow for a music video (rapid cuts are the way to go, usually less than three seconds, especially for a song of this pace). And being a piano player myself, I immediately noticed that the guy was playing with the wrong hands at the beginning (the left plays those bass chords, the right the melody).

It wasn't all bad... The camera movements weren't bad at all, and well used. I liked the turntable design, and kudos for tapping into the message of the song rather than just stringing together mindless performance clips.

Be careful what you wish for...

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

TheNoodle26 wrote:

mini/blankexpression Triple post? Seriously?

Part of the problem might be the hosting. The video kept freezing up on me every twenty seconds or so. It was a chore just to watch as much as I did.

Well, set pieces moved. Footage was repeated. Numerous shots were out of focus. Facial animation... well, points for trying. Guitar size... mini/eek  The editing was too slow for a music video (rapid cuts are the way to go, usually less than three seconds, especially for a song of this pace). And being a piano player myself, I immediately noticed that the guy was playing with the wrong hands at the beginning (the left plays those bass chords, the right the melody).

It wasn't all bad... The camera movements weren't bad at all, and well used. I liked the turntable design, and kudos for tapping into the message of the song rather than just stringing together mindless performance clips.

Be careful what you wish for...

For the set pieces being moved, that was because everytime I tried a different angle something would be in the way. Its hard when the band has 6 members. Yes I know footage was repeated but I wan't to get it over with, and couldn't think of anything else. Thanks for the info on the rapid cuts thing, I'll try that the next time I ever do a music video. And for the instruments, I couldn't think of any other ways, as I'm not a musician I did not know that about piano playing (should have asked my dad or my brother). As for guitars, I've tried simpler versions but they didn't allow me to experiment as much, you can see my older LMV on my site with the simpler guitars. And as I've said before (I think), since Youtube isn't pairing up with bands anymore to allow people to use music. I couldn't post to Youtube. And the only place I could host the video was on webs.com and they are made to host videos of that length.

I'm glad to hear that you did like some parts of it, thats good to hear from a better brickfilmer then myself. Noobs like me need both the encouragement and advise from higher ups like you, it really helps in future films.