Topic: BiM Celebration: The Thief

Directory Link

The Thief - Celebration Contest

Tube

This film is a celebration of brickfilms of old. It was heavily inspired by films we used to watch on the earliest incarnation of brickfilms.com.

Re: BiM Celebration: The Thief

Very enjoyable. You did manage to capture an old feel with the use of the larger minifigs but also with the atmosphere. There's a feeling in older brickfilms that's hard to describe but I call 'animation for animation's sake' which you managed to capture. Nice use of music to, rhapsodies were made to be animated.

7.28 out of 15.84 mini/sunnies

That was a great entry. At first I didn't know what this had to do with the theme, but seeing the video description gets the point across perfectly.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Thanks for the PTSD the minifigure bring back so many bad memories about LEGO. That being said this is one of my favorite entries so far. It is unique simply because it doesn't use the normal LEGO minifigure. The squash animation was fantastic. Very clever and good use of the topic.

I haven't seen a Technic animation in years - I agree with RP Hoogle that this is very reminiscent of early brickfilms in a great way. Some really creative work in there! Love the spinning clouds. Fantastic short!

That means a lot coming from a filmer who I paid tribute to in the background of one shot. Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I am so happy that the feeling of early brickfilms actually came across.

Technic figs are tough to animate.
You pulled it off without a hitch.
Loved the retro feel and the wink to the classics.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

I liked the cartoony-ness of it all, and the Technic figures were animated fantastically. The way you interpreted the theme was cool and very different from the other entries. Great work!

Another brickfilm with comical monkey shenanigans in the middle? - Perhaps I'm a little biased now, but, the whole banana part kinda sold the whole video for me. mini/smile I like it. Very good. Out of all of the videos I've seen for this contest, this one seems to manage it's time restraint the best. You didn't try to put too much in, nor did you not have enough substance for a 30 second short.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

Hilariously done! Kudos to you for animating a technic figure.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

If you were sent back in time and posted this to Brickfilms.com in 2005 I don't think anyone could tell it was from 2014, except maybe the image quality. And I mean that as a compliment!

This is a wonderful throwback to brickfilms of yore and I think it's evident it speaks to early brickfilmers especially. I also agree with Dyland, this was one of the best-paced films for the contest.

My only complaint is it's actual relation to the contest theme seems to be tenuous. But besides that, a great entry!