Topic: Green: A better Color for better building (Quick Short Advertising)

YouTube HD

About a week and a half ago I happened across the Quick Short Advertising Contest. It just so happened that my next animation involved a couple short commercials, so I decided, I would use this deadline as a way to get started. At that time I had only built 2 of the 9 sets and didn't even have enough lamps to light for an animation. mini/eek Needless to say the last week has been pretty hectic, but I manged to finish it just a couple hours before the deadline.

Some context: This is part of a larger animation which I hope to have finished in June. That animation is a news show and one of the stories they report on is a war between Green and Orange. There will be a couple commercial breaks where political-type ads for the two colors will run. This one is obviously the Pro-Green one. mini/smile

This was my first time shooting in widescreen. I think it turned out pretty well. There are a couple things I need to fix. (Like a wire showing through the castle window.) I tried to use forced perspective to give a false sense of depth in a couple shots (outside the castle door) the river extending into the distance) with mixed results. This was also my first time using lifelites as lights, it worked really well for the rocket ship (although it took me about an hour to set-up) and moderately well for the torches in the castle.

Hope you like it mini/smile

Re: Green: A better Color for better building (Quick Short Advertising)

Wow, that was pretty impressive! Are you a first timer, or are you experienced with animation? The image quality was excellent, and the animation was very well done.
+10 jelly things

Plus you advertised my favorite color. mini/mrgreen
+ bonus 4 jelly things

Last edited by mcoov (March 23, 2009 (11:50am))

The visuals were stunning. I especially liked the bridge folding out.  However, I found the voice over quite cheesy and annoying (good quality, though), which was a bit of a turn-off.  Nevertheless, I liked the premise, and it was visually pretty awesome, so I liked it.

By the way, mccoov, you brought back the evil that is jelly things and therefore you lose all the jelly things you will ever come in to contact with.

mcoov- I've been animating for about 6 years now, although I only moved up to 15 FPS very recently, so I only have a few "polished" films, though this is by far my best visually. As for the jelly things... thanks? mini/confused Are they like the ChuChu/Gel monsters from Zelda?

ManVan - Yeah, it's supposed to be cheesy, so mission accomplished! mini/bigsmile

I really enjoyed that! Well done! mini/bigsmile

-Jon64

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4079/4876920171_59c4d4ac70.jpg
More videos on my Youtube Channel or on my (now updated) Webstite

I like, it wasn't quite as hilarious as Paradise Hills but the sets and animation were impressive.  Looking forward to what ever this pilot in June thing is!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Like the way the people's feet moved when they were on the couch! Great job mini/mrgreen

The animation was excellent, the sets were great and I loved the cheesy voice over. Nicely done!

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Well it must be good if the site admin comments and.............it was.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

that was really awesome!! mini/lol
But it was also very orginal!!! VERY ORGINAL!! mini/wink
Liked it! Green mini/mrgreen

-GS

I'm a bonehead.. But not in making movies! mini/wink

That was so good. I loved it. Animation, lighting, cheesy super quality audio, was all perfect. I can't wait to see more like this from you.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

fallentomato wrote:

As for the jelly things... thanks? mini/confused...

It's sorta an inside joke here at BiM.

mcoov_studios wrote:
fallentomato wrote:

As for the jelly things... thanks? mini/confused...

It's sorta an inside joke here at BiM.

Darn! So I can't cash them in anywhere? mini/wink

Wow that's a nice entry with some good animation/nice props/well photographed.

It's a bit soft and nice but I'm guessing you're saving all the extreme violence and anger for red.

Looking forward to seeing more escpecially red.