Re: The Gravity Falls Discussion Thread

Mickey wrote:

The only time they re-run the episode I missed is this Friday. I guess it'll be a Gravity Falls Double Feature for me!

Chris W. wrote:

Oh yeah I'm looking forward to the season finale so much. I missed the last episode too so I'll have to watch that one as well.

It's actually good that you guys missed the previous episode.
The cliffhanger won't be as long for you.

(One more day!!)

(EDIT: Oh look, the fourth page.)

Last edited by minifig051 (August 1, 2013 (10:25am))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051 wrote:
Chris W. wrote:

Oh yeah I'm looking forward to the season finale so much. I missed the last episode too so I'll have to watch that one as well.

It's actually good that you guys missed the previous episode.
The cliffhanger won't be as long for you.

Well it wouldn't really be a cliffhanger for me, cause I get to see the resolution RIGHT after the cliffhanger happens. mini/tongue

So we were driving along yesterday afternoon, and we passed by an advertising agency, I think it was, and lo and behold there was a full-size van with Gravity Falls stuff all over it just sitting in the parking lot. Makes sense, I guess, since I'm in Oregon. mini/tongue

Also, is there any news on Season 2?

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Also, is there any news on Season 2?

Wikipedia wrote:

On July 29, 2013, Gravity Falls was renewed for a second season. Creator Alex Hirsch announced that the next season is likely to premiere sometime in 2014.

It also says that they aired some short episodes last month to "entertain the fans" while Season 2 is still in the works. I didn't watch these, however.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Gideon Rises made an excellent climax to season 1.

No kidding. The ending with Stan is probably the most effective cliffhanger I've personally experienced in a cartoon.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Sean wrote:

No kidding. The ending with Stan is probably the most effective cliffhanger I've personally experienced in a cartoon.

This is true.

Season two is coming this summer.  I'm so excited.

Sock Opera.  mini/jaw  Wow.  Just wow.  This is definantly my favorite episode of season two, maybe even my favorite of the series.

Man, I really need to get back to this show. But, now that Season 2's premieres switched over to Disney mini/XD for some reason, I have a hard time DVR-ing the episodes. Plus, I don't really look at their first airdates, so I can record them ahead of time, anymore, and that's something I used to do a lot.

Hoo boy, am I in love with this show. I even designed the subreddit for it: reddit.com/r/gravityfalls

Season 2 has been ace so far. Gravity Falls can do no wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Finally got around to watching "Sock Opera". I wouldn't say it's the best episode, but it is an overall great one.

Season 2 has been pretty good so far, but I still like Season1 the best. I don't doubt that this new season will soon have an episode or two that will become my favorite, though, it's been pretty great so far.

The Society of the Blindeye was really good.

Spoiler (click to read)

Since I was one of the few people who didn't think that McGukket was the author.  It's very interesting how the portal is sucking things into it.  I can't wait to see how it will be used later in the series.

Haven't gotten around to that one, but I'm not too far behind ya. I watched the three-segment, Stan's story one, but I don't remember it. Modestly entertaining, but "Soos and the Real Girl" still holds the spot for the best episode of Season 2, thus far. It's delightfully morbid, darkly hilarious, and chillingly thrilling. Still makes me question if little kids should be watching this, and if the series really should be on the Disney Channel. Anywho, I'll have to see if "The Society of the Blind Eye" can take that position.

The episodes keep getting better and the endings definitely keep you on edge. Episode 7 was wonderful.

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

"Little Gift Shop of Horrors" throws a much-needed nod towards our type of minority. That last third was the highlight of the whole episode.

Mickey wrote:

"Little Gift Shop of Horrors" throws a much-needed nod towards our type of minority. That last third was the highlight of the whole episode.

I agree.  Infact

Spoiler (click to read)

Grunkle Stan saying that they are just special effects made by an anti-social shutin and Soos saying "Those people are called animators"

is one of my favorite jokes of season two.

I haven't really liked any episodes of season 2 so far except for the stop-motion episode in Little Gift Shop Of Horrors and the newest one, Society of the Blind Eye - both of which I thought were pretty great.

Spoiler (click to read)

Now I feel sad for Old Man McGucket.

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (November 1, 2014 (04:32pm))

Blendin's Game
This episode was one of the best.

Spoiler (click to read)

Sooses past was a great touch. mini/yes I acually thought that Blendin would turn out to be Sooses father.

I hope that we will get a promo for The Love God soon.