Re: The Movie Poster Thread [Large Images]

Tiny little uk teaser poster
http://i.imgur.com/S2PuBlG.png

Awesome poster, Dylan! Can't wait for Friday.

Oh, wait...

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

/

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (April 30, 2021 (02:42pm))

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Nice poster, Cloniac. The red background is nice, and I like the shadows of the weaponry. The title is nicely centered, and it looks like a real movie poster. My only gripe is that it's a little slanted. Probably intentional, but it can be a little distracting. It's an interesting design, however, to slant it a bit.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I disagree. It fits in well with the way the guns are positioned. Nice looking poster though

I don't know. I can see how positioning it to fit with the guns might not look good. Then again, making the text level might not look good either. But then again, having it in between looks a little unusual as well.

Besides that, it's a creative poster design! I like it. Also I'm sad it's not an existing film. Please don't get me excited for films that don't yet exist. mini/sad

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Thanks guys, I'll make a few corrections and see how they look. I originally had the title at the same angle as the minifigure but it was too  extreme an angle for something that needs to be read. So I tried to find a middle ground between angle and straight, while still being readable.

Walter Benson wrote:

Please don't get me excited for films that don't yet exist. mini/sad

Sorry, hopefully it will exist eventually.

-PushOverProductions

I think it looks pretty cool. I really like the feel the slant and red background gives.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Quite nice! I like it! mini/bigsmile

/

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (April 30, 2021 (02:41pm))

-PushOverProductions

That's pretty cool, but really hard on the eyes. Maybe tone down the red a bit, make it more maroon so it is easier to look at.

Yea I think I like the red better for the bacround. But the rest looks really cool.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10661948_366210290212315_4822284125154986792_o.jpg

for those of you in the USA, 12.10.14 = 12 OCT 14.....

It has pretty good composition but I don't understand why you put the before and after. Seeing the frame without effects, points out where the effects fall short. The keying is not good, but the rain effects are marvelous. It's sharp, I like that.

-PushOverProductions

thats a very good point Legoclonic.... I'll keep it in mind... well, the finished film is here if you wanna watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du7kXo7dmds

I don't understand why you used a green screen, that back ground should have been easily created without a green screen

I actually animate in a storage room, so the background would have been ugly.

All you really needed was a grey background with a color change at the bottom, even just a grey backdrop would have looked better then a poorly chroma-keyed set expatiation. When I use green screening I find I get the best results with the aperture stopped pretty far down, that way the line between my subject and background with turn out better. Although as this is a poster you could have just removed the offending area with a nice feathered mask. If an edge in a key turns out badly sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and mask it out by hand.

yeah, i did much better with the next key in the film..... certainly a poor choice of a frame to show off.....
yeah, i learnt alot about masking on that video... next one wont have much if any in it anyway......

My best poster effort so far.
http://i.imgur.com/DFR0dy1.jpg