Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

Naw. I don't watch weekly, but I tend to marathon it every few weeks to catch up. It's still a fun show. I think I've enjoyed this season more than the third, so far.

Hazzat wrote:

I get the feeling I'm the only one left who still watches and enjoys this show every week. mini/sad

I do!
I legitimately enjoy it.  And I've watched all but two episodes this season as they aired.
This has probably been the best season thus far.

I still think Season 2 was pretty good...

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I haven't watched the show with regularity since season 2. With season 3, I watch the first 3 or so episodes and then watched the last one because of all the Alicorn hype. I'm thinking of jumping back in sometime soon to see a few more.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

to be honest the episode with Weird Al was the last one I watched and I haven't watched the rest of Season 4.

I more than likely will watch the rest of the season once the season premiere is around the corner.

I've watched like the first two episodes this season, and that's pretty much it. I don't wanna say I don't really care about this show anymore, it's just I've kinda lost interest in keeping up with it. I might catch up one of these days, who knows.

Chris W. wrote:

I've watched like the first two episodes this season, and that's pretty much it. I don't wanna say I don't really care about this show anymore, it's just I've kinda lost interest in keeping up with it.

Same boat

I do, just not to extent I used to.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

I stopped watching a few episodes into season 2 way back.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I called it a day after the first season. My enthusiasm for the show was outweighed by my antipathy for a large part of the brony community - present company excluded, of course.

Jargon wrote:

I called it a day after the first season. My enthusiasm for the show was outweighed by my antipathy for a large part of the brony community - present company excluded, of course.

Just a thought here: Shouldn't you be basing your appreciation of a show on its intrinsic quality, rather than its fanbase?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:
Jargon wrote:

Just a thought here: Shouldn't you be basing your appreciation of a show on its intrinsic quality, rather than its fanbase?

Each to his own. I'm a massive comic book fan, but I never go into comic book stores on the basis that many of the people who go there either feed into the stereotypes that seem to plague readers everywhere, or are...odd. I don't mean to make sweeping generalisations, but that's been my experience. I completely see where Jargon is coming from, not that I myself have a problem with bronies.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Part of the reason I stopped watching was the embarrassing fanbase, but it was mostly down to the fact that I realised I wasn't watching or enjoying it because I legitimately appreciated the show, but because it was a quirky fad I could fit into.
I excused myself for not liking the songs or cringing at some lines because I thought to myself 'It's just meant to be a kid's show', but then I realised that if I keep making excuses for me to keep watching a show, I probably don't actually enjoy it that much.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

FlyingMinifig wrote:
Jargon wrote:

That's a valid thought, but the show has just never been that important to me. I enjoyed it, yes, but it was never something I would label myself based upon,  i.e. Bronies.

Hazzat wrote:

I get the feeling I'm the only one left who still watches and enjoys this show every week. mini/sad

Nah. I still watch it.
I'm just behind right now due to catching up on other tv shows.
When I get bored or I'm in the middle of doing a bunch of stuff at home, I'll binge watch while multitasking.

It's still an enjoyable show, regardless of the fan base.
Heck, I was watching "Teen Titans Go!" when people on YouTube were hopping on the hate bandwagon.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

I really enjoyed this season.  I watched all but five episodes as they aired.

Also, I drew a Scootaloo:

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/1498898_852796381401210_5315067051921205910_o.jpg

Interesting. But wait, don't they already have a theatrical movie? Last time I checked, it [Equestria Girls]was released in 2013, along with a limited release sequel, Rainbow Rocks, which will be available on DVD this Tuesday. But, I guess, Hasbro's wanting to do something more with it, because their new movie is set for release in 2017. What do you guys think of this?

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Equestria Girls is for the most part a parallel universe deal; the characters as they exist in the show are only featured briefly. Presumably this new film will be set in the regular show universe.

Also, If it's a proper feature film, and not a limited theatrical release when it was really meant to be a direct to dvd thing it might have some more money and be a bit more polished and nice.
Hopefully at least.

Finally got around to watching Rainbow Rocks. Thought it was very superior to the first Equestria Girls movie, though the general premise just isn't as much fun as a fantasy world of talking animals.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png