Topic: A Night at the Pier

Directory Link

A Night at the Pier

Quicktime
Vimeo
Youtube

What do you get when you mix swashbuckling, film noir, and elements from silent comedy together? Answer: A Night at the Pier

The winning entry for the third 24 Hour Animation Contest, the theme was 'What really happened?' The score was composed by Brian during the contest, parts of it were heavily influenced by 'A Cautionary Song' by The Decemberists.

Re: A Night at the Pier

The animation was somehow impressive, your buddy, Brian, did made some good music like Nightowl, you should also thank Sparks Flying for playing the woman at the end, and I like how the solder's body slid into the bay. You should make another brickfilm sometime, Chris.

Sorry, this is a description I did did credit Sparks Flying when I added the film in this screencast but the credits aren't public at this point.

Some great animation I would have liked it more if the lighting was brighter and the film was in color

mini/jaw

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:

mini/jaw

Well said max.

Fantastic short film. Animation timings were clever and entertaining with the gun fire. Bravo!

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

brick4brains wrote:

Some great animation I would have liked it more if the lighting was brighter and the film was in color

I cannot describe how sad it made me when I read this post, kids and there color films...

i find that the animation was incredible,

I agree Sloth. A black and white film makes a lot of difference, in drama and essence, I think black and white makes a more dramatic aproach on ones self.

Thats deep, isn't it. lol

I like the idea of the film, the light and the music, but's really to short. When I started getting into it the film was over. I have been left back disappointed and hapless. More sad, than amused.

ブリックフィルマー

I am sorry A., this film was made for a 24 hour animation contest and we sacrificed quantity of animation for quality of animation.  Maybe one day I'll get around to make a more complete pirate film, but don't hold your breath (my current focus is mad science.)

I'm not crazy about the sound of our footsteps. We were probably low on time but we should have mixed them up a bit more and made them a little quieter. Oh well.

Friends don't let friends rob graves!

Just say 'No!'

Very good! Loved the visuals.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

I sure hope this film is a future indication of the scale of our environments.