Re: Guess the Film! (Game)

Immortal
From 2004, sci fi
Made by the french

You got it!

Out of interest, did you do a Google search for it, or do you know the film?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I watched it in french class last year. I didn't particularly love it, but it was interesting. The comic is way better. It's called La Foire aux immortels. You should check it out. Here's mine.

http://i.imgur.com/Oz2uyto.jpg

Last edited by funmiproductions (December 18, 2014 (07:04am))

Ben-Hur (1959)
-Stars Charlton Heston
-Features some of the largest movie sets ever built
-Has a big chariot race

Dang, that fast. You are correct

I recognised it instantly but got ninja'd. mini/sad

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

If you want it Mr Vertigo, take it away.
I don't watch many obscure films, and anything I pick would be pretty easy to recognize.

If you want yourself an obscure movie, you've got one!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/Mr_Sm1l3y/Guessthemovieentry_zps75f81d4c.jpg

Not sure if this one is a bit too obscure, but if you're at all familiar with the movie you'd recognise it instantly.

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college

OHH, I think I've seen this, but I'm not sure....

Any guesses, or shall I post a hint?

The Punch Bowl
-directed by Helmut Waiss
-movie made in Germany in 1944
-stars Heinz Rühmann

Not sure if this is right.

You're right.... but how?  How?  And here I thought I was choosing an obscure frame...

(Don't tell me you used a Google search.)

Still, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here familiar with Heinz Rühmann.  It is indeed The Punch Bowl (or Die Feuerzangenbowle, as it is known in its original language).  Your go next!

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (December 19, 2014 (10:04am))

I looked up a German site on old German classics. I picked it because the story description was closest to what the picture kinda showed. It was a long shot and I am very surprised that I got it, sorry to burst your hope of my knowing Heinz Rühmann films. But I did not just use Google search, hope that makes you feel better.

Well, as I don't think I rightly deserve to pick, why don't you post another one Mr Vertigo. mini/smile

Nah, it's cool, you can go next.  Using a bit of internet research is OK, as long as you don't cheat by directly using a reverse Google Images search.  I wasn't expecting many people to be familiar with this film anyway (which is why I thought it might make an interesting challenge) so I think it's a bit unfair to expect you to have figured this one out by pure guesswork.  Plus I already took this round from Pritchard, taking two rounds in a row without actually guessing a frame makes me feel like a cheat. mini/tongue

So yeah, go ahead.

P.S. The movie itself is really good.  (I know, "made in Germany in 1944" sounds questionable at best, but there's no propaganda or anything of any sort, it's apolitical if anything. And given the time in which it was made, it's actually got a pretty anti-authoritarian message and feel to it.  I'm not sure how well the humour translates, though, considering a good part of it is based around the accents of some of the characters, and mannerisms that might get lost in translation.)

Ok, thanks! mini/smile Mabye I will watch it, sounds like a decent watch.

Here is a frame, an easy guess, but I love this movie.
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w657/FarmerGEF/Montypython_zps80d1bb97.jpg~original

Monty Python and The Holy Grail

• 1975 British Film

• Directed by 2 people, both named Terry

• One of my fave movies

Sure is! mini/bigsmile Figured someone would guess it quick, but that was really fast! mini/lol

Your up Rockydude411!

Hope this isn't to easy.
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/54623e3b6da81143011952e4-845-359/screen%20shot%202014-11-11%20at%2011.50.02%20am.png

I don't know that any of us have seen it though, which might be a bit of a problem mini/lol

Someone else can take this one.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

The Interview 2 (2024)

-Seth Rogen and James Franco
-After successfully killing Kim Jong-Un and turning North Korea into a democratic nation of selfies, WiFi, and fast food chains the protagonists now have to fight a group of renegade time-travelling Nazis who have taken over a central African republic
-Directed by M. Night Shyamalan