Re: The Sales Pitch

Sméagol wrote:

I didn't feel like the salesman's slight intrusion really justified the extreme awkward pause.

I think it could work quite well if it was extended into a series - sitting at a table in a diner chatting to a friend, waitress comes over - "are you ready to order?" - "you son of a -" *bang*

Nicely animated overall, although I'd agree that the timing could be tightened up here and there. What I would have done (he says, knowing full well that he wouldn't have done anything of the sort because it's a lot of work) is change the sales guy's expression in the stare-off - make him look gradually more quizzical, like he's innocently wondering what's up with this guy. Also, for a turn back like the sales guy did, I'd raise the leg forwards rather than backwards - just a personal preference though.

Animation was insane. Set was nice and tidy. But I didn't get the joke.

Great animation and sets as usual but I didn't really get it.

I seriously lol'd

It's not that hard to understand, guys.

The dude got overly enraged over the salesman interrupting him, and reacted in an incredibly hostile, violent, hilarious way. This isn't Twin Peaks or anything.

Yeah, but if half the people don't get it, then I think there's a problem with the editing.

Great animation but the ending needs to be improved. If what KG says is true, you should try to make him say somthing that shows that when he hits the guys head on the car.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

KG pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Night Owl wrote:

Yeah, but if half the people don't get it, then I think there's a problem with the editing.

Or there's a problem with the way people perceive this film.

While I agree with Night Owl that I could have trimmed down the pauses by a second or so in retrospect (which might have helped the joke out for some people), the fact that this film makes little sense is pretty much the entire point. I wasn't going for anything methodical or even really sensible, just a random story of a guy who reacts to a salesman who interrupts him in an unnecessarily violent way.

Last edited by MindGame (March 26, 2009 (10:54pm))