Topic: The best brickfilm you've made?

Post which brickfilm you've made that you think is your best or that you are most proud of. Post a link and I will update this first post with a list of everyone's best brickfilms! Don't be afraid to show off about why you think so, too - this thread is a celebration of every member, no matter how new or long-standing.

So everyone post away! I can't wait to see what everyone says, as normally when I discuss this kind of things with friends we all have different opinions about which our best actually is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• backyardlegos: The Little Director (2014)
    "I feel like the Little Director concludes really well, and the story in general is more clear than most of my films, and I'm really happy with the way it looks. I also think that it's some of my better animation, I still laugh at the mustache wiggle every time I watch it."

• Dyland: The Celebrations (2014)
    "Overall, it was a great original idea. And, even though it's only 30 seconds in length, it's something I'm still really proud of. It inspired me to take up brickfilming seriously again, and, It certainly heightened my self confidence!"

• France & Alex: Bestia (2013)
    "It took us 2 and half years to make it, and we met several interesting people thanks to that brickfilm. And what we are most proud of, is that our brickfilm won an award in a short-film festival that had nothing to do with legos... and we received a beautiful small bronze statue for that!

• Galactic Bricks: Love at First Sight (2014)
    "This one by far has more original story than anything I have released so far, and it is my first attempt at a romance kind of story. Over all I am quite happy with how it turned out (especially since I only had 24 hours to make it)."

• GHB: The Room (2014)
    "This film is my longest film, and is probably my one film that conveys a serious message that can be applied to real life. It does have it's technical flaws, but I'm really proud of the story, and how it was executed in this."

• HarryAndBillyBrick: The Lake-Town Chase
    "Probably this is one of the videos I most enjoyed doing. The creation of the city, the choreography and tell what happens to several characters at the same time were great challenges. I still don't know how I managed to make sense of this kind of puzzle."

• HoldingOurOwn: Holding Our Own, Episode 2: Diss Jockey (2013)
    "What really makes this shine is the ensemble cast[...]I'm proud of the dual themes: 1) If you whitewash or sugar coat history, you can't learn from it, and 2) a woman choosing a traditional role is just as admirable and personally liberating as choosing a career-oriented life."

• Jampot: Ozymandias (2013)
    "I think it has the strongest narrative of anything I've done, and I'm extremely happy with the visual style of the post-apoc world I wanted to make. It also won an award at college for Best Short Film among the year's coursework."
    jstudios: Quack In Time (2014)
    "It's my only film where I've actually been quite proud to release it after making it for some long and the only one where I've been almost perfectly happy with the story and pacing of it. Animating and editing the fight scenes was super fun when I started putting it to music and seeing the whole thing come together."

• Just Kidden: Jeffrey and the Old Man in: Jeffrey Gets a Voicebox Transplant (2013)
    "it only really makes sense if you've seen the other episodes but it also doesnt make sense if youve seen the other episodes, but i think its funny and i worked for like a year on it... theres some weird glitches that happened when i uploaded it to youtube but i think overall its my strongest lego movie"

• Littlebrick: Title Is Irrelevant (2009)
    "I chose TiI because there's so many random details in there I completely forgot I added. By far, the two bits that I'm most pleased with are the disco dancing and the radio kick; the former because it turned out exactly the way I wanted to."

• Pritchard Studios: Secrets in the Shadows (2014)
    "It's got what I feel is my best writing work, my best lighting work, and some of my best sets and animation.
    Plus, my first attempt at a mini-model ship, stereo sound, (Up to seven tracks of sound at once) and reaching out to a random youtube comedian for voice acting. (Who did a fantastic job!) And it's Doctor Who, which always gives bonus points."

• Sméagol: Unrenewable (2008)
    "I think this is my most successful brickfilm effort on most fronts. The voice acting, music, and cinematography all work together pretty well to create the film noir parody tone that I wanted."

• Squid: Leprechauns in France (2014)
    "I feel like it's mostly because LiF has the least obvious flaws of any of my films. It's my only film where there isn't anything that I really regret not having done differently (with the limited exception of a small few minor issues such as Fred's pronunciation of the word "actually" in chapter 2, however I don't care about it that much)."

• Tobias: The Man in Red and Blue (2013)
    "I was finally able to establish the atmosphere that I wanted to establish, and everyone that I shared it with easily comprehended it as well. I also think it was probably my best cinematography and editing effort, which are two elements that are personally fascinating to me."

• tenny1028: He Had No New Year's Resolution (2015)
    "I think my videos keep getting better. So I'd say He Had No New Year's Resolution would be my best, but, since I'm working on another one, my best brickfilm is about to change."

• Wammy: Cooking with Wrylus McBurpen (2014)
    "I really like how the animation turned out in a few spots and I like the events that occur in the video."

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: The best brickfilm you've made?

I think my videos keep getting better. So I'd say He Had No New Year's Resolution would be my best, but, since I'm working on another one, my best brickfilm is about to change.

Despite the flicker problems in the radio station scenes, and only having made a handful of brickfilms, I consider my best Holding Our Own, Episode 2: Diss Jockey.  I'm judging this on the writing, not the technical aspects (although I think to make something of this length fairly well is a feat in itself for me).  What really makes this shine is the ensemble cast, not including my mediocre voice skills.   With Brick7 (Mary) as Angela, Anime Ninja as Melissa, a fine voice actress whom I haven't been able to reach forever and sadly has to be replaced for episode 3 and beyond, and the dynamic DarthVincentPrice (Brandon Fields) as Johnny Strange, and my friend Eric rounding out the cast as their conspiratorial mailman, Mark Manchester, all joining me to give life to the cast, HOO Episode 2 goes from good to great!

I'm proud of the dual themes: 1) If you whitewash or sugar coat history, you can't learn from it, and 2) a woman choosing a traditional role is just as admirable and personally liberating as choosing a career-oriented life.  Also, Angela is my favorite character in my series, and It's also my favorite because it's mainly an Angela episode.

If you'd love to see it, just click the link:
http://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown/77404415

I hope you enjoy it.

Thansk, Jampot, and Nathan, for so many new topics to liven up the forum!

Last edited by HoldingOurOwn (February 1, 2015 (12:42pm))

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

I believe my best video is Cooking with Wrylus McBurpen.  I really like how the animation turned out in a few spots and I like the events that occur in the video.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a sequel to it done during the summer!

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

I'd say my best film is The Little Director. Most of my films have really poor conclusions; endings are the part of storytelling I struggle with most. I feel like the Little Director concludes really well, and the story in general is more clear than most of my films, and I'm really happy with the way it looks. I also think that it's some of my better animation, I still laugh at the mustache wiggle every time I watch it.

Unrenewable

I think this is my most successful brickfilm effort on most fronts. The voice acting, music, and cinematography all work together pretty well to create the film noir parody tone that I wanted.

Hard to believe I made it 7 years ago.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

The Man in Red and Blue

Although not my most successful film, I'm really proud of this one, because I was finally able to establish the atmosphere that I wanted to establish, and everyone that I shared it with easily comprehended it as well. I also think it was probably my best cinematography and editing effort, which are two elements that are personally fascinating to me.

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

I'm hesitating between two videos because their themes and the challenges that offered are completely different:

The Lake-Town Chase: Probably this is one of the videos I most enjoyed doing. The creation of the city, the choreography and tell what happens to several characters at the same time were great challenges. I still don't know how I managed to make sense of this kind of puzzle.

Assassin's Lego Begins Again: This one maybe it was less ambitious than the Hobbit one, but perhaps it's more adult and serious. The first idea was a dialogue and the challenge was to make it dynamic. I developed one of my best cinematography, accompanied by the music of my brother, to achieve it.

Judge yourselves.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that my favourite that I've made is Leprechauns in France.

A lot of other people like Bank or other things more, but I really enjoy watching LiF even though I made it.

I feel like it's mostly because LiF has the least obvious flaws of any of my films.  In a lot of my other stuff there's light flicker, camera bump, animation errors, and seeing those specific moments sometimes makes me uncomfortable.  However, LiF is the only film I've made where the isn't anything that I really regret not having done differently (with the limited exception of a small few minor issues such as Fred's pronunciation of the word "actually" in chapter 2, however I don't care about it that much).
Besides a few tiny things everything turned out generally better than I had ever imagined it to be.

HarryAndBillyBrick wrote:

I'm hesitating between two videos because their themes and the challenges that offered are completely different:

The Lake-Town Chase: Probably this is one of the videos I most enjoyed doing. The creation of the city, the choreography and tell what happens to several characters at the same time were great challenges. I still don't know how I managed to make sense of this kind of puzzle.

Assassin's Lego Begins Again: This one maybe it was less ambitious than the Hobbit one, but perhaps it's more adult and serious. The first idea was a dialogue and the challenge was to make it dynamic. I developed one of my best cinematography, accompanied by the music of my brother, to achieve it.

Judge yourselves.

If I'm honest, I prefered Lake-Town Chase, but which one goes on the list is up to you.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

If I'm honest, I prefered Lake-Town Chase, but which one goes on the list is up to you.

OK, put The Lake-Town Chase mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

Bestia

Bestia is 22 minutes long and tells the story of the beast of Gevaudan (it’s based on true historical facts). We used several complex technics like go-motion, special effects for candles or torches, and lots of cool camera movements. It took us 2 and half years to make it, and we met several interesting people thanks to that brickfilm (people passionate about the Beast of Gevaudan, amateur voice actors, MOCers and other brickfilmers). And what we are most proud of, is that our brickfilm won an award in a short-film festival that had nothing to do with legos... and we received a beautiful small bronze statue for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJjOUlSYu8
Love at First Sight

This one by far has more original story than anything I have released so far, and it is my first attempt at a romance kind of story. Over all I am quite happy with how it turned out (especially since I only had 24 hours to make it).

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/films/view/4550
jeffrey and the old man in jeffrey gets a voicebox transplant is probably my best one i think

it only really makes sense if you've seen the other episodes but it also doesnt make sense if youve seen the other episodes, but i think its funny and i worked for like a year on it... theres some weird glitches that happened when i uploaded it to youtube but i think overall its my strongest lego movie

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I wonder if we can "update" our choices if/when the time comes that we make a film that tops a previous choice? - It would be nice to clarify that.

As of the present moment, my absolute favorite brickfilm that I've released is: "The Celebrations"

After about two years of failed projects, I was anxious to finally do something great. The Bricks in Motion contest was a perfect opportunity to achieve that goal.

Admittedly, I was a bit rough around the edges, having mainly worked on graphic designing and editing in those two years. I had to re-practice the walk cycle, and, the contest dates didn't really line up - giving me only about 2 days to whip up something that was to be immortalized on a DVD collection.

I had only done one THAC before, and thus, aside from being unprepared for animating, I was also unprepared to work under such time - with such stress. But, It got done. I pushed through, and really did something that not only was pretty simple to shoot, but was also a brickfilm I could be proud of - one that I'd actually want to watch myself.

Overall, it was a great original idea. And, even though it's only 30 seconds in length, it's something I'm still really proud of. It inspired me to take up brickfilming seriously again, and, It certainly heightened my self confidence! mini/smile

https://i.imgur.com/Z8VtGae.png

The Room - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrCsLfMprE

I was debating between this and another film, but decided on this for a few reasons. One, this film is my longest film, though granted credits take up a good amount of screentime, but whatever. Second, this film is probably my one film that conveys a serious message that can be applied to real life. It does have it's technical flaws, but I'm really proud of the story, and how it was executed in this.

Oh yeah, a thread where I can shamelessly let loose my narcissist tendencies!
Or something like that. mini/eh

Secrets in the Shadows

It's got what I feel is my best writing work, my best lighting work, and some of my best sets and animation.
Plus, my first attempt at a mini-model ship, stereo sound, (Up to seven tracks of sound at once) and reaching out to a random youtube comedian for voice acting. (Who did a fantastic job!) And it's Doctor Who, which always gives bonus points.

Still not sure about the use of "All the Strange, Strange Creatures," lack of a decent two shadow shot, and the dialog is edited a teeny bit too tight, but otherwise I love it. Non-Whovians seem to like it too, so that's another few bonus points.

I regret that I've never completed a brickfilm with some story or moral, so for now I'll have to say...

Title Is Irrelevant

I really like Burgled! as well, but I chose TiI because there's so many random details in there I completely forgot I added. By far, the two bits that I'm most pleased with are the disco dancing and the radio kick; the former because it turned out exactly the way I wanted to — except for the background gag which I threw in because I realized while animating the shot (which took about 4 hours) that I'd left in the bookshelf which was supposed to be blown to smithereens, and the radio kick. Discobach was supposed to bend down and simply turn it on; I think I animated the shot twice and it just wasn't working, so on a whim I had him kick it instead. It wasn't what I planned on, but it fit so perfectly I kept it in.

Really, the film is a mish-mash of pointlessness, which is fun doing, and I'm still pleased with the animation and various background bits and bobs.

I've got stuff in the pipe I'm really excited about, which will probably replace TiI if and when it gets done, but there you go.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

My favourite has to also be my most recent, Quack In Time. It's my only film where I've actually been quite proud to release it after making it for some long and the only one where I've been almost perfectly happy with the story and pacing of it. Animating and editing the fight scenes was super fun when I started putting it to music and seeing the whole thing come together.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028