Topic: Animator of the Week: Iver Jensen (Feb 9, 2015)

http://i.imgur.com/VoMUkSd.png

This featured brickfilmer post is part of a series of articles highlighting animators who supported the Bricks in Motion Documentary project on Kickstarter.

Iver Jensen, 18, is a filmmaker based in Norway. Together with his brother Jakob, Iver has made brickfilms actively since late 2009 under the nickname Soppenjim. They were inspired by "legends such as Zach Macias, Nathan Wells, Doug Vandegrift and Philip Heinrich."

Some of his recent projects include The Jolly Adventures of the Men Who Travelled In Time and Reliance.

Iver and Jakob are currently working on two brickfilm projects: "one about 5 min short we've been working on since March last year, which has been put on hold several times, but that we hope to finish soon. The other one will be about 20+ min, and we started animating back in 2012."

Last edited by Nathan Wells (February 9, 2015 (03:35pm))

Re: Animator of the Week: Iver Jensen (Feb 9, 2015)

These guys make really amazing films. I really like "a Twist of Fate" and "The Jolly Adventures of the Men Who Travelled in Time".

Another great animator that sure is worthy of praise!
It's interesting to see how well brothers/siblings* can work together and make the final project just that much better. Time and time again I've watched a great film, and only later realized it was only possible thanks to the true team effort behind it. It goes to show that working with others has huge benefits, and can impact your films in amazing ways. Animation doesn't have to be a solitary and lonely hobby, but I think too many make it that.

Still, these guys have got amazing cinematography skills, and continue to blow me away with their camera movements.
Can't wait to see what they're working on!

*Builder Brothers, Squid, Bionicle28, The Henri and Edmond team, Ect...

I remember watching some of their movies a while ago, but I had forgotten how good they are. Glad they were brought to attention.

I know how important the duo type brickfilming is. All our films are done between me and my brother, so it's nice to see other work that is done by siblings.

Unfortunately my brother is more of a hindrance to animation than any help. With him going to bed in my room/studio at 7:00pm and wrecking my sets. (11 years younger)

Siblings do work well together in the case of these guys though.

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

I remember watching The Jolly Adventures of the Men Who Travelled In Time rarlier this year. I admire the storywriting of it, and that awesome camera movement at the beginning. I just watched Reliance, and those camera movements are also wonderful.

Definitely a dynamic duo of brickfilming.

Last edited by rioforce (February 10, 2015 (12:05pm))

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Yes, another fantastic animator. The Jolly Adventures of the Men Who Travelled In Time is one of my favorites brickfilms of last year. I think we must be attentive to their upcoming projects.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg