Re: The Animation Challenge

Kd2000 wrote:

It is very possible for one of us to open another animation challenge topic focused on traditional animation and CGI.

Why the separation, though? I'd love to see a compelling argument as to why. From my standpoint, animation is animation, be it stop-motion, hand-drawn or CGI. Maybe that's a discussion for a different topic.

I will say, based off of some of the replies I got, that this thread is helpful for practicing what you already know about animation. I would really love to see a more diverse range of styles being used, though. Doesn't have to be slapstick, although I do love that style. I just feel like a lot of brickfilms move the same, at varying levels of expertise.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Littlebrick wrote:
Kd2000 wrote:

It is very possible for one of us to open another animation challenge topic focused on traditional animation and CGI.

Why the separation, though? I'd love to see a compelling argument as to why. From my standpoint, animation is animation, be it stop-motion, hand-drawn or CGI. Maybe that's a discussion for a different topic.

I agree with your opinion on animation is animation

Littlebrick wrote:

I will say, based off of some of the replies I got, that this thread is helpful for practicing what you already know about animation. I would really love to see a more diverse range of styles being used, though. Doesn't have to be slapstick, although I do love that style. I just feel like a lot of brickfilms move the same, at varying levels of expertise.

I never thought much about it, but you are right. The style of animation does seem to stay the same throughout most of the films I see, regardless of what the actions being preformed are. So throwing in an animation style requirement along with the normal challenge would be fun and challenging to most of us, including me.

I too love the slapstick animation style. mini/wink

Anyone wanna enter? We still have five days. If no one is planning to enter I will let this thread move on.

I want to. my internet has been a little weird lately... so we shall see if it is working when I am done..................... . . . ..   ... . . . ..... .

I had an idea for an entry, I may try to make it later this week. I currently have another set built, so I will have to finish animating in this one before I can animate anything else.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I want to enter, but I'm working on my EASTER entry.

Coolio. mini/sunnies  I can extend the deadline it if you folks feel you need a little longer; we've still got a few days though.

animationIsaac wrote:

I can extend the deadline it if you folks feel you need a little longer

Yeah, that would be great. Thanks.

I know its a long time, but if you could extend it one week that would give time for people to finish there Easter film and still participate in this.

I would enter this, but I don't have the fancy software to make something invisible look good. So I'm out.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

You don't need fancy software to make things look invisible. You can do it all in-camera. (That's what I'm planning on doing)

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

You don't need fancy software to make things look invisible. You can do it all in-camera. (That's what I'm planning on doing)

Same here.

GEF wrote:
rioforce wrote:

Same here.

I'm doing a sort of mix between on and off camera effects.

my entry is done though. watch it here...
http://youtu.be/z76Fzco1gZM

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Okay, we've just about hit the deadline however like I said before I'll extend it. Would you guys like another week?.. if so, the new deadline is the 10th of April.

animationIsaac wrote:

Okay, we've just about hit the deadline however like I said before I'll extend it. Would you guys like another week?.. if so, the new deadline is the 10th of April.

Thanks!

Two more days guys. I don't know whether I would want to push the deadline any further since it would sort of defeat the object of it being there in the first place mini/tongue

All my audio that I recorded for this just vanished, so I don't know if I will get something made. I probably won't now, but good luck to the other entries.

I've been very busy, I'll try to get animating tonight.

Once again the deadline has passed! If you think you have a good chance of finishing yours Rockydude I'll keep the challenge open otherwise..

I'm almost done, give me like 2-3 more days.