Topic: Video Games in Brickfilms

Yeah, the title/topic says it all. What brickfilms have video games in them?
This is pretty much all inclusive. People playing video games, arcade games, recreations of video games, etc.

I'll name a few that comes to mind to kick this off...

KG's "Hot Dog"
Hali's "Speed Demon!"
Golego's "Game Over"

Alright...1...2...3...DISCUSS!

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Re: Video Games in Brickfilms

Alex and Derrick: Five Years Later features Derrick playing The Oregon Trail, Half-Life, Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. You can also hear Derrick playing Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 at the beginning.

In Chris and Joey Episode One - Party At My House, (by the way, there was never another episode, mini/sad ) Chris and Joey are seen playing an intense round of Castle Crashers as their parents nag them.

uh oh!

olol vidja games

Some I mentioned earlier...

The Game by Blunty
It Comes From Hell by TwoBit
Pacman by Quigibo
The End by Littlebrick

...and muh own:

Benny n' Lee in: World of Poorcraft
Benny n' Lee Halloween Special
Benny n' Lee in: Wealth and Weirdo

I also loved Michael Hickox's Lego Arcade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhkR-vHXO28

No one plays a video game in Holding Our Own Episode 2, but Johnny Strange does invite some of Melissa's friends over for a game of Halo.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

I can't think of any besides the ones already mentioned.  I haven't made any.  Although in a possible planned film called Banana Cops I'm planning to have a large part of the plot involve video games and a digital rights management company.  Although that project is a long way off.

Actually, come to think of it, fancy Pants' The Force Unleashed may count as one.

I'm curious as to what has brought up this oddly specific interest in such a specific branch of brickfilming.

Shameless self promotion alert!

My Dark Shadow Squadron video features a video game; although I'm spoiling one of the jokes by saying so...

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

Squid wrote:

I'm curious as to what has brought up this oddly specific interest in such a specific branch of brickfilming.

It was something me, the kids and my better half were discussing. It was also mentioned by me in the chatroom yesterday. Video gaming is a fun activity that a lot of people do (including myself mini/wink  ). Plus it's pretty cool to think back on past brickfilms and discuss them once in a while. And bring up some classics that perhaps others have yet to see.

Not to mention, I've started similar topics of discussion in previous threads.
Why not discuss specific areas of interest in brickfilming?

Few more films for the topic...
"The Lost Tales of Monkey Island" by Ferder
"The Game 2" by Blunty
"Lego Portal" by Keshen
"LEGO: The Hobbit - EP1: Bilbo Baggins" by Forrestfire
"LEGO Titanfall - Attrition" by Fancypants
"Pokeballin" by NXTManiac

Edit...
"Resolute" by Mindgame

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Wiithulth

Zachary Volt wrote:

there was never another episode

Actually, Chris and Joey started out in an entry for the "101 Things A Minifigure Does To Be ______" series, where one of them was watching an episode of Everybody Hates Chris, with the volume full crank. Then, there was a now-deleted pilot that I remember seeing in their heyday. But, now Mnmtwinz has officially retired from brickfilming, as their channel states.

Who can forget the classics? Bluntman's animated comedy, Meatspace, features prominent and hilarious references to various videogames in almost every episode, including the pilot episode, where Kevin plays the original Street Fighter in "pixel-perfect quality", as he claims.

And, my personal favourite: Lego Black Ops.

Also, is it bad that I noticed the almost-obvious similarities between Alex and Derrick and Meatspace?

Last edited by Mickey (March 30, 2015 (05:42am))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

dewfilms wrote:

Why not discuss specific areas of interest in brickfilming?

No reason at all!  I was just curious.

Video gaming is a fun activity that a lot of people do(including myself mini/wink  )

Me too.
I ended up playing videos games all yesterday.  Sometimes it's difficult to balance playing and brickfilming.  Also, often times I become interested in trying to recreate random elements of the game in LEGO form.

Most recently, I've become interested in recreating the yellow robot character named Bucket from Evolve.  However, constructing his head has proved to be a perplexing conundrum in any scale.

There's also Blunty's MeatSpace series, which focused on video games. Here's the pilot episode.

BertL wrote:

There's also Blunty's MeatSpace series, which focused on video games. Here's the pilot episode.

Beat ya.

Aw man mini/sad

BertL wrote:

Aw man mini/sad

Looks like your jimmies just got rustled, m80.
http://i.imgur.com/0mSmcJD.gif