Topic: Animator of the Week: Noah Frazier (April 20, 2015)

http://i.imgur.com/UcOMqYM.png

This featured brickfilmer post is part of a series of articles highlighting animators who supported the Bricks in Motion Documentary project on Kickstarter.

Noah Frazier (PushOverProductions) started making brickfilms with his dad's camcorder in 2007 after seeing the entries to the "LEGO Star Wars Moviemaking Contest." He eventually met Jonathan Phillips (Just Kidden) who introduced him to BricksInMotion. He says the community helped him grow  as a filmmaker:

"With help from the extremely supportive community , I improved more in one year the I had in the four years I had been brick filming all together. After getting involved in contests like BRAWL and THAC, I discovered my love for oddball-ish dark humor, which is likely the result of an questionable parental decision to raise me on Monty Python's Flying Circus."

During this time, Noah made brickfilms such as The Deadly Mission and 15 Second Party In a Crate.

Noah notes that eventually his interest in brickfilming came to overshadow other priorities, such as school, and he decided to take a step back and focus on directing live action films. His recent work can be seen here.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Re: Animator of the Week: Noah Frazier (April 20, 2015)

Pushover is one of my all time favorite brickfilmers, largely because his brickfilms are some of the most entertaining pieces of art I've ever seen. From his very creative jokes that nearly kill me, to his neatly put-together storylines, PushOver is truly a genius in the world of brickfilming. To be honest, I don't enjoy a whole lot of comedy brickfilms, just because the jokes aren't pulled off quite correctly, and the timing and execution of the entire film doesn't hit home. (And yes, quite a few of my brickfilms are subject to those facts) PushOver is one of the brickfilmers who completely changes that for me, and his films will probably stick with me for quite some time.

That said, I don't mean to encourage him to put brickfilming first over other critical things, and I completely support him in his more recent live-action filmmaking pursuit. But, if he ever does come back to brickfilming, I will be truly overjoyed.

Last edited by GHB (April 20, 2015 (02:45pm))

I really liked 15 Second Party in a Crate. My feeling about live action is that it is harder to do well because of the resources, cast, and crew necessary, but obviously I think it's a worthwhile pursuit! Doesn't mean you have to quit brickfilming for all time, of course.

I made my first brickfilm in 3 years for the BiM Collection and that was a lot of fun, using what I'd learned in live action filmmaking and applying it to brickfilming after all these years.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

One of my favorite brickfilmers of the week! Noah is amazing, in brickfilming and live action! I think brickfilmers feel a little sore I guess when they see a brickfilmer go off to pursue other creative mediums. Like Philip said, you can learn a whole lot by doing other types of media creation, especially live action!

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

I really like the way that Pushover delivers lines.  His comedic timing is also quite excellent.

Release the hounds.

Squid wrote:

Release the hounds.

Best line ever.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I really like pushover's films, and when he mentioned the desire the focus on live action for better chances at film school in the future I was sad. But I will keep rewatching his films and I hope he does well with live action. (his neighborhood watch one was amusing). mini/smile

PushOver is a fantastic Brickfilmer and a great member of this community.  His writing and voicing is really funny and I love his style.  I asked him for feedback on a script of mine and he was really helpful.

I'm saddened to hear that he has moved away from Brickfilming for now, but I hope that he will one day come back, and hope he does well in whatever he chooses to do.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (April 22, 2015 (01:29pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I think it's really cool that Noah ran into Just Kidden. Really makes sense, considering his style of humor and zany frame rate. His live-action work is just as great, but I've never seen a LEGO alien invasion film quite like his.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

I just watched The Deadly Mission, and I have to say, that was wonderful. Pushover was a great brickfilmer, and his jokes were perfect. As everyone has said, it's a shame he moved away from brickfilming.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

I just watched The Deadly Mission, and I have to say, that was wonderful. Pushover was a great brickfilmer, and his jokes were perfect. As everyone has said, it's a shame he moved away from brickfilming.

Yes, The Deadly Mission blew me away two years ago when it came out. The comedy, timing, everything!!! It's a true masterpiece, and hopefully a standing brickfilm classic for years to come.

Pushover has fantastic comedic style that is fun for everyone, really happy to see him featured as the animator of the week something he has well earned.

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

Pushover never fails to make me laugh with his fast-paced comedy brickfilms! mini/lol
It's unfortunate he's left brickfilming for now, but Ive seen some of his live action work and he looks to be very talented in that area as well. Also, Noah and I both competed in an animation contest around the time of The Deadly Mission, and he was a really good sport throughout the whole thing. mini/smile

"Defeat is always momentary."

-Carl Denham, King Kong (2005)