Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Umbra-Manis wrote:

The guy i assume is Luke (narrator) said his father Has it and not Had it. Is vader alive?

It's because the voice over is from ROTJ.  It's not new recording.  It's from Luke and Leia's conversation, edited to fit the trailer's narration.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Lechnology wrote:
Umbra-Manis wrote:

The guy i assume is Luke (narrator) said his father Has it and not Had it. Is vader alive?

It's because the voice over is from ROTJ.  It's not new recording.  It's from Luke and Leia's conversation, edited to fit the trailer's narration.

Also, Anakin became one with the force.  Luke's father is still alive in a way, but only the way it was left off in ROTJ with him as a ghost.

As Hayden Christensen. mini/XD Look, Hayden is far from my favorite Star Wars actor, but he is canon and he is the canonical Anakin Force ghost. Thus I would be quite angry if Anakin is in this movie but not by Hayden.

Fun fact: Hayden Christensen looks remarkably like my friend Chris Pelly, who plays Brickbeard in Pirates Rule and the Wizard from Bank.

Galactic Films wrote:

As Hayden Christensen. mini/XD Look, Hayden is far from my favorite Star Wars actor, but he is canon and he is the canonical Anakin Force ghost. Thus I would be quite angry if Anakin is in this movie but not by Hayden.

George Lucas went back on his own canon many times.

• In ROTJ, Leia confirms that she and Luke were not twins. She is at least three years older.

• This testimonial also states that Padme didn't die at childbirth. She became sick or summink and died when Leia was very young and Luke had only just been born.

• In the 80s novelisation of TESB, it's stated that Vader fell into acid, not lava.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

But also, the edited ending of ROTJ is now irrelevant, as all future home releases of the original trilogy will be the original cuts released in theatres, in which Sebastian Shaw played Anakin as a Force ghost. So the recut, post-ROTS isn't canon anymore.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

all future home releases of the original trilogy will be the original cuts released in theatres, in which Sebastian Shaw played Anakin as a Force ghost.

Truly? When are those coming out?  I'd sure like to see the original cut on Blu-ray.

jampot wrote:
  • In ROTJ, Leia confirms that she and Luke were not twins. She is at least three years older.

• This testimonial also states that Padme didn't die at childbirth. She became sick or summink and died when Leia was very young and Luke had only just been born.

Leia is stated to be Luke's twin sister in Return of the Jedi.

The latter point isn't stated outright in the movie either, although Leia expresses a vague recollection of her mother. Definitely seems like a continuity problem, though Lucas made up an excuse about telepathic/force-based memories.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Like Sméagol said, the notorious GL stated that Leia had memories of her mother from the Force. Perhaps she had seen the same dreams Anakin had before Padmé's death. What ever GL says is canon! And when did they announce that all future releases of the OT would be in their theatrical format?

I had always just assumed that those memories had something to do with some fancy Force thing and it never seemed like a problem to me.

What ever GL says is canon!

"GL" makes him sound like a cult leader. Praise GL and his clearing ways! The statement about memories never bothered me. Perhaps just a lapse in George Lucas' logic (a lapse that lasted until... well I'll tell you when it ends).

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Legocloniac477 wrote:

"GL" makes him sound like a cult leader. Praise GL and his clearing ways!

We prefer the title The Flanneled One.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:
jampot wrote:

Leia is stated to be Luke's twin sister in Return of the Jedi.

The latter point isn't stated outright in the movie either, although Leia expresses a vague recollection of her mother. Definitely seems like a continuity problem, though Lucas made up an excuse about telepathic/force-based memories.

I'd forgotten about that scene. My bad. Still, if Lucas made the excuse somewhere outside of the films, I and the general film-going populace were unlikely to hear about it, and to be honest it sounds so underwhelmingly lame that I refuse to accept it as truth anyway. He tripped over his own continuity and then tried to dig himself out of it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

"GL" makes him sound like a cult leader.

Maybe he is. mini/lol The cult of Star Wars.

mini/eek mini/eek mini/eek mini/eek mini/eek mini/eek mini/eek Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Star wars is my favorite movie trilogy ever, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Did anyone else just LOVE the music? John Williams is incredible. He just gets Star Wars.

I loved the music! John William's darth maul fight music was one of only 2 good things in the prequels. (The other was Liam Neeson)

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

The music is mostly just a redone version of the old music.  But that perfectly okay, especially considering having a familiar theme is probably better for advertising as it creates a feeling of nostalgia.

I'm really excited about hear what completely fresh compositions he will have to offer this time around.  In every new film John Williams has never failed to bring a fresh composition to the mix that sounds really good and becomes delightfully memorable.  Like adding Imperial March with Empire Strikes Back, or Duel of Fates with Phantom Menace, or Battle of Heroes with Revenge of the Sith.

However, I'm curious to know if Ben Burtt is going to be handling the sound design for this film.  The specific sounds in Star Wars I feel is an often overlooked aspect of what really made the films so good in the first place.  There are so many different iconic sounds in Star Wars.  And his work in the prequel trilogy is remarkably good as well.

I haven heard anything specifically about Ben Burtt being on the film nor anything specifically about him not working on the film.  He does work for Pixar now, though.

It has been confirmed that Ben Burtt will be heading the sound design for episode 7.

George Lucas protests new Star Wars Movies.

mod edit: mild language warning

Last edited by Sméagol (April 21, 2015 (01:45pm))

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

(Contains swearing just so everyone knows)