Topic: Brickfilm of the Week: The Crow and the Fox (July 24, 2015)

This week’s Brickfilm of the Week is The Crow and the Fox by "France and Alex".

The Crow and the Fox is a retelling of the fable The Fox and the Crow by Jean de La Fontaine. It was made by French brickfilming team "France and Alex" in 2006. "France and Alex" are also known for Gaston's Odyssey and Bestia.

Watch The Crow and the Fox on YouTube

http://i.imgur.com/An0RKmp.png

SPOILERY DISCUSSION BELOW!

What are your thoughts on The Crow and the Fox?? What did you like about it? Did you have a favorite moment?

Re: Brickfilm of the Week: The Crow and the Fox (July 24, 2015)

Perhaps I went into this with too high expectations, since Bestia is one of my favorite brickfilms, but I wasn't very impressed by this film. The visual aspects of it were good, but I prefer the original fable over this retelling. Seeing animated brick-built creatures is always a nice touch though, and the fox and crow looked great in the film.

If you have the time, be sure to check out some of the other films by France and Alex after watching this.

The Crow and the Fox is really good, with the large brick-built puppets. Sure, the articulation of the animals was kind of limited, and the technical aspects were not the absolute best, but I still enjoyed it. I liked the little twist in the end. I haven't seen too many of France & Alex's films, but I think I will watch them now.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:07pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

We just saw one of our old brickfilms was “brickfilm of the week”. We feel honored about this, thanks! And thanks also to sillypenta for the wiki page about the Crow and the Fox! mini/smile
It’s true that nowadays, animating such large brick-built puppets isn’t that impressive anymore. But it took us two days to build both the crow and the fox, and we only used the legos we had at home, that is to say not very much, then, back in 2006! And, about the technical aspects, well, the brickfilm was shot with a quickcam pro 4000 which was -9 years ago- the best webcam for brickfilming...

Love the top work on the set mini/bigsmile