Re: The Animation Challenge

It didn't look like I was going to have time for this weeks challenge but last night I couldn't resist staying up until stupid o'clock to have a go ------ so here it is!
https://youtu.be/H8EB6piDbXc

DNAnimation

Thanks the two who entered, I'm proud I was able to host a animation challenge.

The Winner:
Cooked Cat - Very nice entry. I loved the idea of using an alien to 'turn on' the anti-gravity. Your animation and visual effects were also very good.

Second place:
legodave1 - I liked the creativeness in this one and the letter floating out of the mailbox was done nicely.

Thanks again for entering and I can't wait to see what Cooked Cat will choose for us to animate mini/smile

Thanks for the feedback - I did think that there would have been more entries -  well done Cooked Cat - bring on the next challenge!

DNAnimation

Cooked cat you should choose a theme, something like breaking an object where it shatters into many separate pieces, like a breaking a crate or desk

It's too similar to the second to last theme, Breaking a board.

Yah but I never got a chance to enter that one

How bout something like throwing a knife into a wall.

I'd like to see a Jason Bourne style fight, just a quick, fast action. What do people think?

That seems a bit difficuilt but I think I'd give it a shot

Last edited by soupmanjack (July 21, 2015 (06:02pm))

I aint decided yet, just it'd be about animation, and camera movements, pro tip, I dont listen to sound when judging..

what about stuff effecting the set, so, say car crashes into building, building receives damage....

Or how bout charicter runs into wall and breaks wall... mini/bigsmile  Jk

The fight seen idea seemed pretty good

So what's the challenge cooked cat?

Theme: A fast action Fight scene, where one character uses something not normally a weapon to win
Deadline, 7th of Aug.

Last edited by Cooked Cat (July 22, 2015 (05:48pm))

I believe you should add more detail to the challenge. Maybe say what should occur in the fight? For example, a short fight scene involving a frying pan.

ok, A short fight scene where one character uses something not normally a weapon to win.

Ok cool, but for this animation challenge we should have to span 2 weeks (brawls going on and it's a little harder of a topic than normal) plus I just last minute planed to do brawl and I kinda wanted to do this one. I would also suggest that you, cooked cat should write all the info for this challenge in one post using bolds and stuff to make it pop out to of the normal chat.

I didnt even know brawl was on.... yep, I'll edit the deadline. mini/bigsmile

I hope this senseless assault with a toilet plunger constitutes as a fight.

Greenshirt, that's really clever.

backyardlegos wrote:

Greenshirt, that's really clever.

Thanks a lot man!

I like it. yeah, not really a fight, but I'll take it.