Topic: What do I use to add sound?

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:11pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

Re: What do I use to add sound?

If you're on Windows, it has a piece of software could Movie Maker already installed. It's not a good piece of software but it's a start.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:10pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

I used to use Monkey Jam, it's a cool little program. I think you'll enjoy it.
First, you can export the movies from Monkey Jam using the export button.
(See the bar of colored icons near the top? The far right one.)

You don't add sound in Monkey Jam, you export the sound-less movies, then bring them into WMM and add sound there.
In WMM, you drag-and-drop sounds. Or there may be an import button too, can't remember. It's been a while.

And really, WMM is bad, but still capable of something decent. It's not so much what program you use, but how you use it that makes a difference. (Talking strictly about entry-level basic type stuff, mind you.) Just avoid the cliche pre-built titles, that's the big one.

On the home tab of movie maker, there will be an option that says, "add music," (for editing sound effects/voices, you'll want to click the drop down menu that says, "add at current point") and simply add in your audio files from there.

But like the others have said, movie maker pretty bad. It really only serves its purpose for figuring out the basics.