Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

I say no way would they kill Chewbaca. I have two reasons why I think this. #1: Lucasfilm wants to stay away from the EU of old as much possible and killing Chewbaca would reflect to heavily on to that timeline no matter how they would depict his death. And #2 Killing Chewbaca would be like killing off the family dog, and would be some what emotionally scarring on the audience. I know as a kid when I found out that they killed off Chewbaca in the EU I was extremely upset, and I honest can't see them doing that in a film.

Galactic Films wrote:

I say no way would they kill Chewbaca. I have two reasons why I think this. #1: Lucasfilm wants to stay away from the EU of old as much possible and killing Chewbaca would reflect to heavily on to that timeline no matter how they would depict his death. And #2 Killing Chewbaca would be like killing off the family dog, and would be some what emotionally scarring on the audience. I know as a kid when I found out that they killed off Chewbaca in the EU I was extremely upset, and I honest can't see them doing that in a film.

Ditto to this. I did quadruple backflips when I heard that Disney deemed the old EU non-canon; it was bunged with rubbish that seemed unreadable.
Any news or talk about when the Official Trailer is to come out?

Any news or talk about when the Official Trailer is to come out?

Fingers crossed for the Disney convention that's going to be happening in August.

J.J Abrams has said they plan to release it in the fall, so as much as I wish it was in August at D23, I doubt it will happen. I am actually really happy about the marketing so far. They have shown very little and we don't really even know what the plot is. It shows that J.J, and surprisingly Disney, cares that much about giving the best experience to the audience.

If they are replacing han with this random dude i will smack somebody NOBODY can replace han

I think he'll do fine. Harrison ford is getting pretty old.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:13pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

What?

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:13pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

Me too but it's not Satan mini/devil or anything

Last edited by Smocktopus (July 30, 2015 (12:11pm))

I don't think they're trying to "replace" Han in any way, shape, or form. From the information given, he's playing Finn, who is a Stormtrooper whose personality has not exactly been indicated yet. Poe Dameron, on the other hand, seems to be more of the rogue-ish type who seems similar to Solo, although they're not going to give him Han's exact traits.

I agree that Han Solo can't be replaced, but I'm happy that the original cast aren't taking the spotlight in this film as well. Let the new 'unknowns' have a chance to shine in the spotlight.
From all the emphasis around the two teaser trailers, Vanity photos and the Comic Con production trailer, I think we will be in for a great film come Christmas time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-VTdsCKLgg

I hear rumuors that Alexandre Desplat will be composing the score instead of John Williams!

William Osborne wrote:

I hear rumuors that Alexandre Desplat will be composing the score instead of John Williams!

That's for the spinoff film, Rogue One.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

William Osborne wrote:

That's for the spinoff film, Rogue One. The director, Gareth Edwards, worked with Desplat previously on Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Brickyman wrote:

No, that's for the spinoff film, Rogue One.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

That's for the One film, spinoff Rogue, no.

For the spinoff film, Rogue One, that is...  <(-_-)>]

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Okay, I get the point! Not everyone from BIM has to say it, I believe you mini/lol