Topic: Man of Our Clock- Unfinished

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydi4EHRqn1I
Well, here it is, unfinished, Man of Our Clock. I worked on this on and off for around 2 years. As you can see by the flickers and bad animation, it wasn't a masterpiece. Over time I lost motivation to work on the project for one reason or another, mostly just the realization that it wasn't turning out how I wanted it to at all. I want to specifically apologize to Film Brain, my voice actor and co-writer, and Ferder, also an excellent voice actor who helped me with the script. They gave me their time and dedication, and I'm ashamed to say I have failed them. Also, I thank Si665 and Matt Kelly for doing lines. Thank you all for giving me your voices, I'm sorry I failed you. Here is the script, so you can keep up- http://sites.google.com/site/squashymus … vised3.rtf
I just wanted to post it, to get it off my chest, in hopes I can move on to other things.

Re: Man of Our Clock- Unfinished

Well, it's good to see there was at least something. I was wondering the other day how you were doing on this, since, like several projects I have been involved in, it disappeared into the ether a bit. (I think I might be a jinx!)

The animation quality is okay, but had plenty of set bumps. The voice acting jumps between good and bad (with regards to my acting: ouch!) I do think you should have added some foley effects even if you weren't completing the movie, just to make it feel slightly more 'complete'.

I don't think you have to be ashamed for not completing the movie. It was, after all, a very ambitious project, something that is reflected in the script. (which I advise people to read, since it is still quite good. Maybe it'll get filmed someday...) I think it's good that you've moved onto other things, since I think this project was a burden that you felt obligated to complete in spite of growing disinterest (which probably explains why you feel like you've "failed"). I hope you have better luck with your later projects. mini/smile

Re: Man of Our Clock- Unfinished

I can definitely see the shots where you had thought they would look a lot better than they turned out or were possible, I have an extremely bad habit of doing that, and is why I haven't worked on my own current project at all in the last 3 months.

Somehow there feels like a complete lack of motivation to animate in the community.

I'll read the script tomorow.