Re: Café Corner

Wow, you keep your minifig parts very well organized. Mine are overflowing the small containers I have them in, and they always seem to get messy when I'm building minifigs mini/tongue

@Helium, IKEA stores are in the USA as well, but those storage containers are fairly generic and can be bought at a lot of places. (Also, it's best not to double post and quote a very long post when you just want to ask a simple question)

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Yeah, Serious brickfilms have to be done right but

Spoiler (click to read)

If a Pink, cotton-candy elaphant can make people cry, Legos being serious is okay.

While I don't really care for Dramatic/sad brickfilms I enjoy serious one's.

Last edited by Smocktopus (August 1, 2015 (11:02am))

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Tims Videos wrote:

Yeah, Serious brickfilms have to be done right but

Spoiler (click to read)

If a Pink, cotton-candy elaphant can make people cry. Legos being serious is okay.

While I don't really care for Dramatic/sad brickfilms I enjoy serious one's.

Spoiler (click to read)

I assume you are referencing that Pixar film. mini/tongue

Brickfilms can be serious sometimes. It's your decision if it will be serious toned or light toned.

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

Yeah I was mini/lol

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

I entered a sci fi contest, and made a fake trailer to the book war of the worlds. Vote for my film here:
https://www.projected.com/users/279

What, people don't like Inside Out here? Referring to it as "that Pixar film"? mini/tongue

As for my take on serious brickfilms, I think there need to be more of them. I always like a funny LEGO film, but there's just something about a serious brickfilm that really is nice to see. Maybe because they are so few and far between it's refreshing to see them. However, LEGO often has the tendency of looking corny in emotional moments, probably because of their lack of facial expression (and even the sad faces look goofy).

YouTubeWebsite

@TSV

Praying for your safety. mini/smile

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

rioforce wrote:

What, people don't like Inside Out here? Referring to it as "that Pixar film"? mini/tongue

I think they were trying to avoid spoiling it, which is hard to do when there's no context as to what is in the spoiler.

Tims Videos wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

If a Pink, cotton-candy elaphant can make people cry, Legos being serious is okay.

When I first read this, it sounded kind of dumb. I watched it about an hour ago... I now understand.

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

rioforce wrote:

As for my take on serious brickfilms, I think there need to be more of them. I always like a funny LEGO film, but there's just something about a serious brickfilm that really is nice to see. Maybe because they are so few and far between it's refreshing to see them. However, LEGO often has the tendency of looking corny in emotional moments, probably because of their lack of facial expression (and even the sad faces look goofy).

I haven't seen it yet. People hate it maybe because it's for kids.

I need to tell Pete Docter and Ronnie Del Carmen not to come here or the quake will hit them, too. Maybe they'll find it out themselves.

How do I delete posts anyway?

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

Harborlight wrote:

@TSV

Praying for your safety. mini/smile

Thanks. mini/smile

Did you know that when our principal showed us an earthquake sound sample, I started shaking the chair of a High School 1 girl and then she thought the quake was real. mini/tongue mini/lol She suddenly saw me shaking it and she was mad at me. mini/tongue Maybe I should put that thing I did on one of my Brickfilms. mini/lol

-TSV

TSV wrote:

How do I delete posts anyway?

It's not possible for a normal member to delete posts.  However, it is possible for a moderator to delete a post.  If you have made a mistakes such as accidentally double posting (making two posts in a row), then perhaps you might request that a moderator remove it.

I love serious brickfilms if done well. I have a bunch of scripts for serious brickfilms that I will make... eventually. I think if something has good writing, actors, story, etc. it doesn't matter what it's made with. That's just me though.

It's me, too.  I agree w/ Rockydude.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

I have two serious brickfilms that I would love to do. My issue is always finding the time to do them, as during term-time I don't have that much time to brickfilm, and I find it easier to keep myself motivated on less serious fare.

One, I have talked about before, and is about a Hunnic warrior who gets separated from his legion and basically has some PTSD hallucinations. There are a few supernatural elements that are probably all in his head. The main reason why I haven't started this one already is because while I have the story mapped out start-to-finish, scripting it and deciding how to tell it visually has been a pain.

The second is called A Treacherous Night, and is a slow, horror brickfilm. Despite having pseudo-zombies it's not gory, just quietly malign and creepy. My problem here is that I don't know how to end it; I have the opening mapped out in my head visually, but I can't decide on a suitable conclusion, one that would do the rest of the story justice. It's also set in Canada. Minor detail.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

September is just one month away

The Parrots Cometh

Brickyman wrote:

Your signature is just a way of adding a little bit of identity to your profile. It doesn't necessarily mean they want to talk about religion, it just means they like to share what means something to them. Good on them.

True, I hadn't thought of it like that.  I guess I'm generally uncomfortable with openly discussing my beliefs unless asked about (in which case I'd be glad to talk about it, if people are interested; I tend to assume that on the whole not very many people are).  I suppose it's also a cultural thing, given that in my personal experience Americans seem to be a lot more spontaneous about things like these whereas Europeans (where I've lived all my life thus far) tend to be a lot more reserved.

Tims Videos wrote:

What do you guys think of serious brickfilms?

I really like them, if done well.  I think many Brickfilmers would like to see more of them, given the amount of comedy Brickfilms there are.  Still, I feel that comedy Brickfilms are more common because there's something inherently funny and light-hearted about LEGO, so it lends itself well to this sort of film.  There's also a risk that the toy-like nature of LEGO undermines the seriousness of your film, particularly if people outside the Brickfilming community watch it.

Interestingly, all of my finished Brickfilms thus far have been serious--I haven't released a purely comedic Brickfilm at this point.  Of course, the Brickfilming project I've invested the most time into by far (namely Seven Assassins) is going to be a comedy, so this trend isn't going to last.  To be honest, I don't even really think in terms of making a serious/comedic film--I just get an idea, ask myself what sort of story I want to create around it, and tell it accordingly.  I have multiple story ideas floating around in my head, ranging from a psychological horror to weird lolwut comedy, which may or may not ever see the light of day.

jampot wrote:

It's also set in Canada.

I'm intrigued.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (August 2, 2015 (04:20pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:

To be honest, I don't even really think in terms of making a serious/comedic film--I just get an idea, ask myself what sort of story I want to create around it, and tell it accordingly.

I think the same way. Sometimes an idea can go either way, so I have to pick comedy or serious, though. However, I don't always make it a "whichever the story fits" situation, sometimes I like to make a comedy for the sake of making a comedy. For example, I have been working on my D&L entry for a while (it's serious), but for BRAWL, I really wanted to make something goofy, so I made a Captain D. Rom film. Thus, it wasn't a "come up with a story, then see how it fits" deal, it was a "make a Captain D. Rom comedy based on the BRAWL theme" idea.

YouTubeWebsite

All of my films on my current channel are serious, or they at least try to be. I've been cooking up some comedy ideas though recently and hopefully that will help me diversify.

To make brickfilms funny is much easier than to make a live action funny. I think that with the right facial expressions for the situation: mini/eek mini/tongue mini/lol  and a little bit of slapstick, it really works. A comedy brickfilm doesn't necessarily need a lot of dialogue.