Topic: Brickfilm of the Week: Money (July 31, 2015)

http://i.imgur.com/NsbBMK4.png

This week’s Brickfilm of the Week is Money by Dave Wardell.

Money is a 2005 comedy brickfilm by Dave Wardell. It is about an impoverished Ralph and Rupert attempting to withdraw the last of their money from the bank but getting mistaken for bank robbers. It is the fourth film in the Ralph and Rupert series and also stars characters from Wardell's film Stop! Thief!.

Dave Wardell was a member of Brickfilms.com and made brickfilms from 2004 to 2007. He is also known for Stop! Thief!, Hallowieners, and Mad Crazy Scientist. He also lent his voice acting talents to many other brickfilms.

Watch Money on the Brickfilm Archive

What are your thoughts on Money? What did you like about it? Did you have a favorite moment?

Re: Brickfilm of the Week: Money (July 31, 2015)

/

Last edited by Noah (May 27, 2017 (12:07pm))

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

I've got to say that my favorite bit of this film is:

Spoiler (click to read)

"How 'bout we deposit it one dollar at a time?"

I feel like voice acting and dialogue was generally David's strong point. I remember he made a 5 minute brickfilm for THAC, and while the technical qualities were pretty lackluster, it was still an excellent film because of the dialogue and acting. Dave did some voice work for one of my own films, and I feel his voice acting is what made the film work.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Holy cow.

First off, miss you guys.

Second, I'm deeply honored. Haven't touched Brickfilming in a very long time and this is just a really, really nice reminder of how much I love this place.  Maybe I'll make something this winter once I've moved my LEGO into the new apartment.

Thanks Nate, I'm already thinking of new ideas.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/quakefilms/myspace/Brickfilms/whitewallssig.jpg

That was hilarious and is definitely a dynamic duo type film done right.  I feel as though this film really did work because of the voice acting as many have already stated.  But the animation was also surprisingly smooth and fluid.  There were a few moments of choppy animation but not enough to ruin the entire film.

My profile picture is deep fried lol

Dave! mini/bigsmile

I love Ralph and Rupert. I think Money was the first one that I ever saw. There are so many great lines across the series, but I think the "This is a money..." bit has to be one of my favourite jokes in any brickfilm. Oh, and how could I forget "What are you talking about? You can't think!" Hopefully this feature will bring more current awareness to the series. (find the Watch Now links on the wiki, everybody ;D )

Gotta agree with what has already been said about Dave's voice acting. Littlebrick, I remember that film of yours, and it totally wouldn't have been the same without Dave's voice work.

Spoiler (click to read)

"Can somebody PLEASE get me outta this trash can!"