Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Edit: My bad for the double post.

Last edited by Galactic Films (November 24, 2015 (11:14am))

Hando was here! Or at least someone from his gang was. http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn166/Galactic13/9CED763C-93AF-4F8C-A957-DA78F06E3C6C_zpsw8jp1tuu.png

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn166/Galactic13/7C37CF65-1A8D-4CDD-95DC-16856BDB45C8_zpsge5obh3g.png

I'm really scared that the new Star Wars will be fan service to the extreme. At least with the prequel trilogy, Lucas wanted to tell his vision. I can admire it, but it fell flat and ultimately shouldn't have been made. With the new sequels, they're really just doing it because they can. Lucas didn't give a ****, for good and worse. I'm afraid Abrams & Co. will give too much effort catering to us -- the fans -- and just rerelease the same things we've already seen. Regardless of whether we love the original trilogy or not, do we really need to see it again? What's the point? Just leave it be.

My old YouTube is since long ago defunct - now even removed.
Here is my new one.

I don't think he'll just rehash the originals

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Smocktopus wrote:

I don't think he'll just rehash the originals

I sure hope he/they isn't/aren't, but from the looks of the trailers and what's been said about the film it seems like they are playing it incredibly safe. N O S T A L G I A is the worst thing you could build a film upon. It's cheap.

This is all just speculation from my side, of course, and I hope to be proven wrong. I've got my tickets and all, so I'm dumping money on this none-the-less. It wouldn't make sense not to see it.

Here is my new one.

*Haven't J.J. Abrams Says 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' is Finally Finished

I believe most of the marketing for this films is to capture the nostalgia of the OT generation, but I think the film itself will be far more creative than it may look on the outside. I think we are looking at a movie that will do the same thing that Star Wars: Rebles has done; take the style of the OT but tell a new story within that guide line.

Okay, yeah there might be quite a lot of nostalgia, but people want to see Han Solo, Leia and all the old characters. People want to see Star Wars the way it was when it was just called Star Wars, before Lucas changed it to Episode IV: A New Hope. What I mean is that Star Wars has a chance of being good again, because they're continuing the adventure of the originals.

Smocktopus wrote:

*Haven't

wow you sure told me there!

I get what you guys are saying and I might be alone with this opinion of the whole thing, but personally I don't want to see "Han Solo, Leia and all the old characters". I don't want to see a new Star Wars film that does "Star Wars the way it was when it was just called Star Wars". I've got those films on my shelf already, and they're called A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. People always make such a big deal out of how pointless the prequel trilogy was because the story didn't need to be told, but as soon as Disney decides to do fifty-five follow-ups everybody goes ape, naively thinking they are being commissioned out of respect for the fans or something. [/pessimism]

Here is my new one.

I understand where you're coming from man. And I to have similar fears for the future of this franchise. So I guess all we can do is wait and see what we get this December. To paraphrase a recent George Lucas quote: "Star Wars is more than space ships" and from things I've spoiled heard I think we will be getting much more than space ships from this film. But I don't think your fears are unfounded in the least.

I don't want to see Star Wars exactly the way it was. I want to see Star Wars be of the same quality that it was. And it seems they J.J Abrams is doing his best to incorporate the elements that would seem "nostalgic" and add a new spin on things. For example, the new X-Wings are black because they blend in with space. It would be so easy to be just like "HEY DO YOU LIKE X-WINGS?? WELL HERE YOU GO!!" but instead they thought "What else can we do with the material?" and they've added more cool stuff that we'll remember in years to come, because they came from The Force Awakens and not any of the originals. Additionally, Han Solo isn't just going to be the character we loved in the original movies. Harrison Ford has stated that in The Force Awakens he is a more layered character, one that you can tell has seen things in the 30-year time span. So while there are things that everyone will obviously recognize, they're not there for the sake of "HEY DO YOU REMEMBER THIS??" and they actually serve a purpose.

Filip wrote:

I get what you guys are saying and I might be alone with this opinion.

You aren't, don't worry.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

https://media.giphy.com/media/xTk9ZNb9rkwBJPYrf2/giphy.gif

Kylo ren is sneezing out coffee

Last edited by Smocktopus (December 5, 2015 (02:25pm))

I have to say, I find Finn's floppy lightsaber and facial expression strangely disturbing.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Look at chewie

Leia's the funniest though.

Apparently George Lucas has seen The Force Awakens and liked it. I'm really interested to hear GL himself talk about the film. George once said he was one of the few people how never got to experience Star Wars because he was the one who created it, so maybe this film can be his Star Wars experience. But I'm really glad he was at least able to enjoy the film.

It's very interesting how he worded it, though:

"I think the fans are going to love it. It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for."

Lucas has had a long and complicated relationship with the fans, and he honestly got tired of people hating him after the prequels and changing the originals, so basically he's saying "Abrams has given the nerds what they wanted."

Which I am obviously okay with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-mewHsIhAU
I'm so excited mini/delirium  mini/delirium