Topic: [THAC XIII] Vengeance of a Different Sort

Directory Link

[THAC XIII] Vengeance of a Different Sort

YouTube

A man's quest for revenge is not as it seems...

Last edited by BuilderBrothers (January 3, 2016 (11:25am))

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Re: [THAC XIII] Vengeance of a Different Sort

Nice!
One of my favorite entries for sure.

You did a great job giving it a unique style, and everything from the opening titles onward is well polished and looks fantastic.
The climax is great, and subverts expectations in a delightful way that still makes quite a bit of sense.
Ya'll always do an amazing job, and this was no exception.

There were a lot of post-production effects, and I'm impressed that you were able to get everything figured out and rendered in time. And there's still plenty of supporting animation underneath to give it a physical presence that some VFX-heavy brickfilms lack.

Great job.

The build-up in this is executed very well, it had me really wanting to know what was going to happen.

I'm not really sure what to say that Pritchard didn't beat me to. mini/tongue  I really enjoyed this one, it's definitely one of the best I've seen yet!

Wow that was really good! I loved the shot of the temple in the beginning and the sweet sets. Also the music fits very well to the atmosphere. Gosh that slow mo was Fantastic! Overall it was very well done and I love story, it goes very well with the theme.
Great film and can't wait to see more from you guys!
I gave a 5/5 rating!

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

You made this in 24 hours? Fantastic, one of the best films for sure!

The visual storytelling skills in this were brilliant. Good luck in the contest.

Thanks for all your kind words!  This year we definitely wanted to have more animation, since in years past we have been criticized for not having enough, while simultaneously giving the film a more stylized look that our past THACs have had.  It is always a lot of fun trying to work everything out in 24 hours, and we really tried to push the limits of what we could achieve in the given time frame.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

This is one of my favorite entries!  I loved the impressive beginning, the music, the sets/props, and the surprise twist.  It's definitely worth (at least) a second viewing, especially if you miss the clues the first time around.  I chuckle every time I watch it!  Great job!

This definitely is a masterpiece! Obviously, the visuals are top-notch, but the story was also well done. The flashback sequence was excellent. The twist was a surprise, and it made it funny. I must mention the intro animation, that was so cool. Keep up the good work!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b