Topic: [THAC XIII] Revenge

Directory Link

THAC XIII Revenge

Youtube

Made for THAC XIII

Last edited by jasper (January 5, 2016 (10:15am))

Re: [THAC XIII] Revenge

Interesting. I'm not quite sure what to think of this one. mini/tongue  the voice acting stood out against the other element of this film, which is a good thing since this really does rely a lot on the dialogue. Glad you finished! mini/bigsmile

As Mighty Wanderer pointed out, the voice acting was very well done and definitely this film's strong point. It looked great visually too. You did a good job with the cinematography. My only problem with it is that I still don't really understand the ending, even after watching it through more than once.

Either way, congrats on completing THAC! That in and of itself is a real triumph. mini/smile

YouTube  |  Flickr  |  Twitter

Brickcrazy wrote:

As Mighty Wanderer pointed out, the voice acting was very well done and definitely this film's strong point. It looked great visually too. You did a good job with the cinematography. My only problem with it is that I still don't really understand the ending, even after watching it through more than once.

Either way, congrats on completing THAC! That in and of itself is a real triumph. mini/smile

It was really hard for me to show that the son wasn't the one who shot the gun. There was a second gun that shot. I added the following details to help show that the son wasn't the shooter:

1.  I didn't animate a kickback to the son's gun (if he had shot the gun, I would have animated a kickback)
2. I tried to animate the son being confused, and tried to show it with him saying "Huh?"
3. The exterior shot shows the second gun being pulled in to the window in the apartment/hotel room next door. This should have been the primary indicator because the second one didn't turn out too well.

Very good, Jasper! I didn't quite get the story the first time, but after a second watch it makes more sense. I like it when films are open to interpenetration like yours. The visuals were very strong, and worked well wit the story. I must agree, Guss did a great job with the voice (though, some of it was said too fast, so it was hard for me to understand, but that's a small critique).

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

Very good, Jasper! I didn't quite get the story the first time, but after a second watch it makes more sense. I like it when films are open to interpenetration like yours. The visuals were very strong, and worked well wit the story. I must agree, Guss did a great job with the voice (though, some of it was said too fast, so it was hard for me to understand, but that's a small critique).

I am planning to add subtitles sometime, because I noticed Guss was pretty fast on some of the dialogue.

I'm very impressed! Simple, but executed wonderfully!

-RandomBoaz    YouTube