Topic: Non Lego characters

Since this is called Bricks in motion you're supposed to use Lego's, But if I made a movie with Lego sets, props ect; but used something else for characters, like clay, that would be fine, right?

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Re: Non Lego characters

BiM isn't exclusively about LEGO filmmaking, since the definition of "brickfilm" is a film made with LEGO bricks or similar construction toys. Of course, we emphasize LEGO (who am I kidding LEGO is the best mini/tongue ), but other similar building toys are accepted.

While using clay characters and such is accepted, and may still allow the film to be defined as a brickfilm (Lindsay Fleay's gonna hate me for saying this, but The Magic Portal is considered a brickfilm and it has a clay character in it). Though, the ratio of LEGO to non-LEGO needs to lean more toward the LEGO side (I'm using LEGO loosely here as a substitute for "LEGO and similar building toys"). Basically, if the film is about the clay figures and they just happen to be in a LEGO-like environment, then it's not considered a brickfilm because it revolves around the clay characters.

Thus, use discretion to see if you film is actually considered a brickfilm or not. If you're doubting it, it's likely it's not gonna be considered a brickfilm. But don't worry! You can still post it in the "Other Films" section if you wish. mini/wink

(P.S. I'm not staff or anything, so this isn't an official answer or anything, it's just from my observation and experience in the brickfilming community.)

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Okay, thanks mini/smile

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

BURN THE MEGABLOCK FIENDS mini/devil. mini/lol just kidding besides it would be unfair if you could only have legos in your film. if Lindsay did it then we should be able to too mini/smile

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty