Re: The Animation Challenge

Alright guys, back on topic. If you want to guess the game, PM HOO, otherwise, let's keep this about the Animation Challenge.

And just to refresh everyone's memory of the challenge:

Pritchard Studios wrote:

So, the next challenge is...
Playing a Board Game
Ever wonder how Lego minifigures play checkers, or chess? Ever think about what they would look look like playing spoons? Well, now is your chance to find out for yourself!
Deadline: Saturday, June 4th

Yeah, it's a broader category, but I think it could lend itself to some really cool shots. And sometimes, it is these tiny, precise movements that present the best challenge, and the greatest reward when finished.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Only a few scant hours left. Is anybody else planning to enter?
It looks like just the one entry so far.

do you think we should hold off the contest until after S&S?

Last edited by Sir Snorlax (June 5, 2016 (11:23am))

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

Well, after long deliberation and extended intense internal debate, I believe I have found the best entry in this challenge.
Snorlax is the winner! ...by default. mini/tongue

The Good: I love the larger scale, especially since doing so allowed you to pack a lot more detail into your board. That final sweep also brought quite a smile to my face.

The Rough Edges:
The animation is fairly rough, and was unfortunately paired with some bumping and shifting lighting. While the top-down view enabled us to see the entire board, it also screened the fact that the hand doesn't actually pick up the pieces. That's a smart short-cut that would help speed production on the scene in a film. As an animation challenge entry however, use of that 'cheat' was easily noted and hurt the score slightly, though completely understood, and in the end, irrelevant to the judging process.

Thanks for entering!
Chances are, few will want to enter this thanks to being busy with S&S entries.
Regardless of when it happens, you have the next challenge. Take it away Snorlax!

Thanks Pritchard!
I understand that it could have been MUCH better, I blame the quality partly on the fact that I did it in one afternoon because I was going on a trip. much of time was building the chess board so I didn't have much time to animate. getting to the point, the new theme is Eating food I would like to see some nice replacement animation here, not just a apple going in front of the minifigure's face. I think it would be pretty cool to if someone did a larger scale animation with brick built people, which could allow for some more detailed animations.

the entry deadline will be flexible since S&S is going on.

Flexible or not, I still think there should be a deadline. If there's no deadline, people will continually put off there entry and this thread will gradually die down.
I think you're theme's awesome! I personally won't be able to enter because I busy with filming my Beowulf parody as well as my S&S entry. But good luck to everyone else.

Yeah I guess your right okay so the deadline is this Saturday.

Jeez. I think you're right -- people will continually put off their entries for your theme...

Job well done, jahn. Cleaning up the internet one obscure forum post at a time.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

OK, let's get this back on track.
Responding with vague insults is never the way to deal with posts you don't like. If it violates the site guidelines, then please use the report button and we will handle it. Thank you.

The deadline is Saturday, and if there are no entries, I suggest letting this thread sit idle for a while until more interest is drummed up. (Probably after S&S and BRAWL.)

To fit into my schedule I am moving the deadline to NEXT Saturday.

Are you guys ready to start up the animation challenge again? I for one would like to.

I agree. Let's get this started up again!

If you want a new animation challenge, I could come up with one if you want. I would love to have the opportunity of hosting an animation challenge!

@William That would be fine with me.

Go for it.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

The next challenge is...
Dancing
You can interpret the theme in any way you see fit, as long as dancing is the main focus of the animation. You could do a group dance, you could have just one person dancing, like a tap dance. A couple dancing would be very impressive to see, if done well. All entries must be received by Thursday the 22nd of September. Good luck!

I'll just have to win again so I can host the animation challenge. Challenge accepted! Though it's probab
Y going to be harder since other people are actually entering mini/lol  well good luck to everyone! mini/smile

I made an animation last year that would be relevant to dancing. I never have publicly released it if you are thinking of my gummy bear animation. This is a different one. Could I enter it to this challenge legally?

Raptor Studios wrote:

I made an animation last year that would be relevant to dancing. I never have publicly released it if you are thinking of my gummy bear animation. This is a different one. Could I enter it to this challenge legally?

If it's not a brickfilm, then no. But unreleased animations are just fine for the Animation Challenge.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b