Topic: '5 Seconds of Funny' Stop Motion Competition is open for submissions

Hi folks!

The '5 Seconds of Funny' Stop Motion competition is now accepting submissions at our website www.videocontest.brickinnovations.com or on our facebook page (@MyBFFisaMinifig).

We want to see how funny you can be in a 5 to 30 second stop motion video! Video entrants will be competing for pride, internet fame and glory, and a LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon set (75105)!

In addition, we're giving away LEGO Star Wars Microfighters sets to the first five entrants.

Visit our website, www.BrickInnovations.com, for more information and to submit your video.

Cheers and Good Luck!

Travis
Video Competition Guy

Re: '5 Seconds of Funny' Stop Motion Competition is open for submissions

Sounds interesting. I might think about entering.

Interesting.
Any particular themes? The rules doesn't state that it can't be 2D or 3D animation or anything about LEGO.

The 5 entries with the most likes and shares (shares count as 5 likes) on social media will be judged by a panel of at least 3 judges in order to determine the 1st prize winner. The first place winner will be announced prior to August 15th, 2016.

What will be considered social media? Do Instagram likes, YouTube likes, and bricksinmotion brick-rating count as social media likes and shares?
Also, this contest is dependant on likes and shares. Thus the most popular entrants would have the best chances of nomination.

I will definitely enter and I wish you the best of luck with your contest but the rules are quite muddy.

EDIT: I guess I won't be entering because I have to connect to Facebook for this. Again, I hope all goes well.

Last edited by Kd2000 (June 19, 2016 (05:56am))

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Muddled indeed! Our apologies. We updated the rules to NOT be like-dependent on social media. Thanks for the feedback!

No need to connect to Facebook, you can submit on our website http://videocontest.brickinnovations.com/ if you like.

As far as themes go, we're going for LOLs. If it makes someone laugh (yourself included) then it fits our theme. Entries can in fact be 2D pr other mediums other than LEGO, our passion and background has mostly been in Brick filming but we're happy to accept any other stop motions as well.

Hope you reconsider entering, especially since you get a LEGO set just for entering at present... don't know how long that will last.

In addition, we're giving away LEGO Star Wars Microfighters sets to the first five entrants.

Forgot to mention, entries can be from past projects if you've got them. So feel free to scroll back through previous films you've made and cut the most hilarious 5-30 second chunk for entry.

Happy filming!

Would it be possible for someone to make more than one entry, or can there only be one entry per participant?

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

Yes please! I forgot to mention that you're allowed to submit as many entries as you can complete before the deadline (July 31st).

Good luck and happy filming!

I've tried to enter, but the entry form on your website asks me to log in to Facebook. Is there a way to enter without a Facebook account?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/341/32154997096_f26d8af45e_o.jpg

Thanks for the contest, I'll try to make something a bit better when I can, but went ahead and entered something to grab the "First 5" prize. But then I ran into a problem. On the top of the website, it said that 2 of the 5 entry giveaways were available, but after submitting, it looks like there are around 8 entries. (including mine) Did most not claim the prizes, or do you need to update the heading text?

Also, since you changed the rules, how will the winner be chosen? By the three judges personal preference?

bataton,

I didn't realize that we required a Facebook login to submit. That seems silly mini/rolleyes Shoot us an email at [email protected] with your name, email, and the link to the video and we'll post it for you. Don't worry you'll still will the prize if the judges pick your entry mini/smile

Pritchard,

My apologies, I needed to update the heading text. The 'First 5 entries' prizes were gone by the time you submitted. That's some pretty great stop motion and audio work though. We're impressed if that helps mini/wink

PS. Who knew about these emojis, right?! mini/bigsmile

Travis
Video Competition Guy
www.VideoContest.BrickInnovations.com