Re: Introduce Yourselves

MarkNelsonMovies wrote:

well, that film was interesting, I busted out laughing when

Spoiler (click to read)

He pulled out the keyboard

mini/lol
the stop motion segment isn't too bad, their are some set bumps, some visible clay, the animation isn't that smooth (maybe because the video's frame rate isn't divisible by the animation's FPS?) and there did seem to be some light flicker, which in this film isn't a problem, because it's covered up by the old film effect, I did like the animation of the huntsman attacking the wolf though.

Welcome to BIM, It will be interesting to see what you produce! mini/smile

true in all cases, I totally agree its not that slick. the vintage film filter actually added flicker and reduced the frame rate to look more 1920s.. but, hey, it wasn't super polished to start with (the original project was done from start to finish in one day with my kids to see if we could)....

Hello!
I am (hopefully) going to start brickfilming soon but I don't really know when mini/sad
My interests include: Doctor Who, D&D, Comic books, and of course building with lego mini/smile
I hope to get to know people on BIM and post some brickfilms when I finally get the right equipment mini/madhead

"Of course I'm lucky, I'm a leprechaun!"-Fred the Leprechaun
I hope no one has realized I like emojjies mini/shifty

Hi.  You'll find many comic book fans here, and  few Whovians here.

You can always work on making brickfilms with ANY equipment you have.  You'll have that much more experience when you upgrade.

I'm holding Our Own, nd my favorite part of brickfilming is the story writing part.  You can always discuss writing with me.  Everyone here has their own favorite areas of creation and will be glad to help.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Hi HoldingOurOwn thanks for saying hi.
The thing is I have ALL the equipment I need... Except a way to use it on my desk. See I have a great desk to use in my room but no computer in my room. I am going to try to find some other ways to start animating, maybe an app or something.
I actually have done a LOT of reading on BIM but I finally decided to join so I could talk to awesome people like you and learn as much as possible. Even if I can't use my awesome C920 quite yet.  mini/wink

Ok.
I realized that I can just animate on my family's Desktop PC. So I will be doing that soon, probably tomorrow. Should I upload them? They really won't that good looking, like see the room in background bad.

Just wanted to make a quick introduction! I am an aspiring director and I'm using brick motion as just a way to get my feet wet. I really enjoy it! I've made a few movies and am trying to produce content weekly. I'm joining so that I can not only learn how to become a better brick motion filmer, but also to learn more about lighting, camera angles, etc. anything that will also apply to making any kind of film.

I am always looking for opportunities to grow and learn. Hate to come flying right out with the questions, but I was wondering how I could get my social media pages in my signature without it saying the full URL, but instead just saying "Facebook" with the link attached or "Instagram". Appreciate the help!

I'm looking forward to being apart of the community and contributing however I can.

Howdy, Sir Snorlax and BadMinifigure! Welcome to BiM!

Snorlax, what I'd suggest for you is to set up some sort of backdrop (a large piece of blue poster board works great for sky), so you won't see into the room behind.

Bad, you can use BBCode like

[url=yoururl]TEXT[/url]

If you use that with your FB page, you can do

[url=https://www.facebook.com/bad.minifigure/]Facebook[/url]

which makes Facebook.

I can't wait to see what you guys make! mini/wink

Perfect! Thanks Wanderer!

Thanks for say hi Wanderer!
I will try the backdrop idea but the thing is I tested my C920 on the desk and when its focused on the character it actually looks pretty cool with out a backdrop. To make it all clear about my current situation when I first posted introducing my self I didn't know what I was going to animate on until I got a computer in my room. Then I realized that I could do it on My family's PC for the time being, and I could even use my C920! But there is not much room on the desk so I can't really make a set to animate on, just a small base plate. I'm basically stuck with this method until I get a computer mini/frustrated. But I will try to keep a positive attitude and keep practicing mini/smile

I think that even if they'r not good in your eyes, you should post them anyway.  People can see how you progress as you experience more.  And animation alone isn't the sole attribute to judge a brickfilm.  I'll overlook poor or choppy animation, for instance, if there is a good story, or an obvious attempt to try something interesting or creative.  My own films' animation leaves much to be desired, especially next to most anyone's work here, but I try my best, and try hard to write an engaging, funny (I do comedy), and hopefully, thought-provoking story.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Okay. I'm going to do it! I didn't say it in my first post but I am going to try to focus on writing good stories for my films. I really appreciate everyone responding to my posts, I'm not on Facebook or anything so I'm new to talking to people on the inerwebz mini/lol I'm at my grampa's house right now but I'm coming back today so I will animate then. Can new members post videos?

edit
I can finally edit now so no more double posting mini/bigsmile

Last edited by Sir Snorlax (May 22, 2016 (09:17am))

Welcome to BiM, Sir Snorlax.

I think new members can post videos, just make sure that you follow the guidlines and submit them to the releases section with a link to YouTube.

You also might try your hand at doing a few test animations, which should be posted to the wips and tests section rather than the releases section.  I find tests to be a great way to try things out and really get the feel for animating.

That's a great idea, mission #1 do some tests.  I'm kinda overwhelmed with all these awesome brickfilmers talking to me. its like if Steven Moffat sent me a E-mail!

Edit

well I have to upload them to the release section but I can then Have a link in WIP...is that what you meant?

Last edited by Sir Snorlax (May 22, 2016 (10:42am))

Yes. Just put a link.

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

Okie dokie. I did a few tests yesterday but they were not very good... this is going to take a while.:(  I will still post it so people can see my small steps to improvement. Oh I used Boats animater and it worked great!

Heres a link to my test thread http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … ilm-tests/

Last edited by Sir Snorlax (May 25, 2016 (06:49am))

Hi!

Nice little place you got here mini/smile

I am just getting into Stop Motion, with the hope of using it to teach kids about building with and having fun with Lego.

I created a Youtube channel and uploaded my first Stop Motion and review video. I didn't know whether that type of video would be acceptable here so I did not want to submit it until I checked.

I would love a critique and any pointers I could get, so if this isn't the appropriate forum for that kind of work would someone be able to direct to a forum that deals with those types of videos.

Thanks
LegoDad

Hey LegoDad, welcome to the site! The releases forum is reserved for animations only, but you can post any kind of video you like in the other films forum. People tend to use it for things like live action films or stop motion not made with LEGO though, just so you know.

Last edited by backyardlegos (June 26, 2016 (09:40am))

Hello everyone! You may know me from Flickr or the old CABG forums. I live in Liverpool, home of the Bealtes. There are 4,500,00+ views over my Youtube and Flickr accounts (links in signature), and while in recent years I've been leaning more towards building than animating, I used to have a fair following on my Lego Pokemon stop motion series. My main hobby outside Lego is making and listening to music. I play various brass instruments and dabble in guitar and banjo, but my passion is in composing (link also in signature) and if anyone needs original music for an animation I'd love to help out. My listening habits consist of a very healthy portion of Sufjan Stevens and a bit of classical music.

Last edited by Fithboy (June 27, 2016 (02:30pm))

Hello Fithboy! Welcome. Checked out some of your music on your channel. It's good stuff. If you don't mind me asking, do you ever do original scores for films?

My profile picture is deep fried lol

I wrote a piece for the 2awesomeguys YouTube channel, but the video hasn't been released yet. I'd love to do more of that though so please contact me if you're in need of some new music