Topic: [BRAWL 2016] Action!

Directory Link

Action! [BRAWL#2016]

YouTube

"I like human beings animation. They look so… realistic… I like when people bring them to life through stop-motion animation movies. They are very easy to enliven puppets."

A BRAWL 2016 entry, entirely made in one week.

Worldwide Brickfilm Community : Brick à Brack

YouTube Channel : MBstudio
Twitter : @MBstudio_Movies

Re: [BRAWL 2016] Action!

This was really good! Your interpretation of the theme was very creative.

Spoiler (click to read)

It kind of makes you think, too. Who's really the one doing the animating?

Thank you ! mini/bigsmile

UnknownBrick Films wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

It kind of makes you think, too. Who's really the one doing the animating?

Spoiler (click to read)

It's at you to do your own opinion..

mini/smile

Wow. Kinda hurts my head with its meta-ness. Really enjoyed this! Great job.

Aha it was the goal ! mini/lol Thank you ! I'm happy if you liked it ! Great job to you too, the travellings of your brickfilm really enjoyed me ! mini/bigsmile

This film was amazing! Although I knew what was going to happen from the beginning, the story was very intriguing and kept me interested. You executed your sound design amazingly too, which was well accompanied by ingenious cinematography. I thought however that your animation could use some improvement, but it was way better than last BRAWL!

Spoiler (click to read)

one thing however was that you never really explained how the LEGO people were animating humans, because like they were still on the set, but yet they were taking pictures of the set but off the set... It was a little confusing

Overall, Fantastic film, I hope to see more from you and that you do well!

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Great job, MBstudio! It's very funny & dynamic, and it sticks perfectly to the theme.
Good luck for the contest! mini/smile

PS: this brickfilm reminds us of « Role Reversal » by QuigiboProductions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhVgF1zY1bg).

I think Twickabrick summed it up pretty well. Great job, MBStudio! mini/bigsmile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

This is my favourite entry. I really liked the whole concept. A very well written film, that fits in with the theme perfectly. I hope to see this in the top 3!

Thank you ! ^^

mini/dizzy

Uh, ok...

Randomboaz brings up a great point, and one that bothered me a bit during the film. Even one shot of how the Lego people animated the human would have been very helpful. Perhaps the difficulty of pulling that off well has been the reason this concept hasn't really been heard of before.

Other than that however, the film is great. It begins straightforward enough, but quickly descends into an endless maze of meta-ness into which it completely loses itself. And the viewers too. The end result leaves us confused, yet with the knowledge that you have crafted a unique and really cool film. I love how the plot of the figures mirrored that of the figures within the human's film. It took what is normally a fun, but somewhat gimmicky concept and turned it on it's head so many times that nobody is quite sure which way is truly up.

I like it. Good job.

I'm impressed

YouTube

I'm a Brickfilmer that loves smooth animation and attention to detail.

This was one of my favorites this year. The basic concept has been done in different forms before, but the self-referential way you showcased it was a great choice that really made this stand out from other, similar films. Sound design was well utilized, and the pacing on the music was pretty much perfect. My one complaint would be that I think the segments of live-action could have been trimmed down and maintained the same overall effect- they started to drag after a bit. Perhaps adding more animation to frame them would have helped keep the viewer more engaged.

All things considered, you've got a wonderful little film here. Hope to see you continue to make slightly unconventional films of this nature; BiM could use more boundary pushing.

Thanks ! mini/bigsmile