Topic: Work in Progress - Space Brickfilm

A teaser I put together with some new techniques. It's for an actual brickfilm short but some of this footage was made specifically for the trailer. Feel free to comment what you think or any improvements you could recommend.

- Thanks!

https://youtu.be/koVaY3r4Y2Y

Re: Work in Progress - Space Brickfilm

Hi there ClonedOriginials;
I watched your teaser and it seems that your film is going to be interesting!
Some improvements I would like to tell you are:

• There are just a little movements in the movie and in it's too monotonous for the viewer. For example, at the first part when the spaceman is flying, it would be better if his legs are seperated and positioned in an opposite direction from each other. Even they could have a little difference in position. It makes the sense of flying.

• The scene has an orange/yellow light which is not good for a space environment. As you can see in most of the Sci-fi movies, the main color is blue and there are a lot of blue reflections. To get better results, use other lights or try color correction.

• When the spaceman sees the skeleton, it's confusing for the viewer. At the first glance, it seems that he's looking at a still picture and there's no movement. However, camera frame is done well!

• The music has been chosen perfectly and it fits the subject, but unfortunately, when the teaser ends and we see the movie title, the music stops in an inopportune way.

• Space environment is created finely, and it would be more realistic if you add some stars to the background; but the solid black sky is also good because it's going to be a Haunted Space!

• The duration of the teaser is very short and it's very good! I think it delivers the main idea of the story to the viewer; a haunted space where a spaceman is going to meet a creature (If i'm right mini/tongue ).

Looking forward to see the full movie!
I'm in love with LEGO space-related scenes, sets and films mini/love and so, let's wait for the release.

Good Luck Gerard!

Last edited by Shahriar (September 1, 2016 (02:38pm))